CA Adventure....

After watching a group of about a dozen deer from a distance this past week and getting a good glimpse of their travel and escape corridors, we hit the trail early this morning to get a jump on the competition and to get in position as the deer moved from their private land feeding ground onto a public land bedding area.

I watched a solid buck from about 150 yards rip some brush apart as he removed his summer velvet while his forkie buddy looked on. I'm not too picky as i have two tags, so the first to come through, gets a ride in my truck.

The bigger of the two stopped at 42 yards and kicked high as my arrow went through. What i found at the end of the blood trail was a great surprise.......for public land California, this exceeded my expectations. He's a solid 4x3 with one eye guard and plenty of mass. An old fella of the mountain.

7dc9207e.jpg

JNDEER

WKR
Nice job, way to stick with them!

That shot doesn't look back at all!!

No love for LD???

OBP

WKR
Awesome California deer and great pics, I like all the prep and pack out shots!

OP
Arrowslinger
Nice job, way to stick with them!

That shot doesn't look back at all!!

No love for LD???

Thanks guys! Josh, you should see the other side...think I caught one lung. Ran 80 yards with not much blood and was DRT!

OP
Arrowslinger
Thanks!!!! The Innov8's were pretty solid out there. Been wearing boots and they suck for sneaking along, the Innov8's needed some love and they worked out great. Just need some gaiters, damn briars are brutal. Backstrap with a spicy rub for dinner.