CA ammo laws- injunction

Beendare

WKR
For the Ca guys...you can temporarily order ammo online again- no taking the safety test, no pages of paperwork.

A judge slapped an injunction on the current restrictive ammo laws...not sure how long it will last. You can order ammo online and have it delivered to your door.

_________

jfs82

WKR
bummer, i was waiting on an email to be returned about shipping to my home, guess I waited too long and should've just put in the order.

I'm reading on multiple sites that the stay was denied. Someone have a link to it being granted?

Edit: Found this.

Last edited:

JohnnyB

WKR
Fastest stay of a decision by the 9th Circuit ever. They were ready this time. Trump has appointed enough judges to the 9th that it is almost 50/50 that we will ultimately see the decision stand to strike down the ammo background checks. And if that fails, we still have the Supremes.

Raven67

FNG
Guess the stay will hit the 9th circuit, where they will probably get it, followed by a review at the supreme court. At least it’s being challenged. My son lives and hunts there, we’re looking forward to a win on this one at some point.

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
Snooze you lose on this one......these ammo rules are ridiculous.

Now a guy can work to find a good FFL and its less pain.

I found a FFL that will order me good size ammo lots at decent prices, pre fill all of the paperwork, and then I just make one trip to his place to pick it up. Not too bad...its the guy that needs one box on short notice that gets screwed.

_____

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
what's the point of a constitution if there can be the imposition of unconstitutional laws?

That's why they put these laws into place. It forces someone to bring a lawsuit and then spend months and money in court to overturn them. The worst case scenario for those that imposed the laws..........is an order to remove them. They know that, so they impose them anyway.

That's why all these Governors have overstepped their bounds with these stay at home orders and all the ridiculousness that has come with them. They know it takes time and money to "legally" fight them. And in the meantime, they've crapped on the Constitution and our freedoms and liberties and found how easy that was for the future.

ozyclint

WKR
if it is unconstitutional it should have no legal grounds to become a law in the first place.

arguing against them in court should be as simple as, "it's against the constitution". matter is thrown out of court.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
if it is unconstitutional it should have no legal grounds to become a law in the first place.

arguing against them in court should be as simple as, "it's against the constitution". matter is thrown out of court.

Right.........except we have a lot of people in this country, and legislators, and judges that hate the Constitution until it's to their benefit. Just think about all those that hate having the 2nd Amendment.......they hate it, and they hate being told that they can't legislate as they please. Here in CO back in 2013 our state senate President even said "I don't care if these new laws violate the 2nd Amendment, we're passing them anyway". Well, he got recalled and voted out, but the laws remain. I guess no one has had the time or money to fight them in court.

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
Well unfortunately, if you blinked...you missed it.

My order due on my porch in a day or so. I go through cases of 9mm in the summer...so its nice to get a deal.

If a CA guy hunts around, you can find an FFL to order you ammo with minimum hassle. We have a guy in our SCI chapter that orders guns and ammo for you....he will pre fill out all of the paperwork and its only one trip to pay him and pick it up.

He is a little more expensive than some of the cheap online guys....but with great service.