CA Mesa question

Just picked one up in 6.5 cm that is literally like new. Worked up a load it shoots really well but to be honest just not in love with the rifle. Was looking for a T3x in 7 mag when I ran across this deal and decided to try it. Beautiful rifle and may keep it for my youngest son to grow in to. He is 7. I am admittedly a Tikka fanboy and may move this rifle and go back t9 the original plan of a Tikka 7 mag.

I might add that this is an “extra” rifle that I don’t really need 😬. But it is nice to have it and not need it than to need it and ... you know. Would love to hear opinions and thoughts from some of you.

What is it that you don't love about the rifle? And if you don't love it and you think it'll just be a safe queen, why keep it? I have 2 CA rifles and love them both. But if I didnt, I would move on from them. No point keeping a rifle I'm not happy with that I'm not gonna shoot. Just my opinion...

OP
Bezamaelee
What is it that you don't love about the rifle? And if you don't love it and you think it'll just be a safe queen, why keep it? I have 2 CA rifles and love them both. But if I didnt, I would move on from them. No point keeping a rifle I'm not happy with that I'm not gonna shoot. Just my opinion...

This is helpful. You have personal experience with the rifle and that is what I was looking for. I think if I hang onto it and especially if I hunt with it next Fall I will enjoy it. The craftsmanship is evident, and it shoots good. Thanks for the input and questions for me to consider.

To be clear, I dont have a Mesa but have really enjoyed the two CA rifles I do have. Nothing wrong with a Tikka either though.