CA Owens Valley Elk

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys was wondering if anyone has an idea on how long the resident would take to draw an elk tag for archery only in California? I’m trying to Google this and I can’t seem to find anything I got five points right now I was just curious if it’s gonna take me a lifetime to pull that tag LOL am I better off applying for Arizona every year?

look at last years draw odds in the 2020 reg book.

You will be lucky to ever draw that tag. If i remember its like 1 in 900 odds for archery bull if you dont have max points. Even with Max points i have 1 in 56 odds. 1 in 300 odds is about the best you can hope for in that area for some of the other hunts.

Hopefully you already applied for Arizona if you are looking at that since the draw is closed and results start hitting friday. Depending on what hunts you want there it will take a while. I have 20 points and still a ways from an early archery there for the areas i am looking at

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
look at last years draw odds in the 2020 reg book.

You will be lucky to ever draw that tag. If i remember its like 1 in 900 odds for archery bull if you dont have max points. Even with Max points i have 1 in 56 odds. 1 in 300 odds is about the best you can hope for in that area for some of the other hunts.

Hopefully you already applied for Arizona if you are looking at that since the draw is closed and results start hitting friday. Depending on what hunts you want there it will take a while. I have 20 points and still a ways from an early archery there for the areas i am looking at
Ahh yikes might be waiting awhile on that one haha. Appreciate it, might start looking at those OTC in other states to get my feet wet.

I’d think you might have better luck getting that tag in the raffle! $10 if I remember correctly from when I was stationed there.

slvrslngr

WKR
Very low odds, can’t win if you don’t play though. If you’re applying in CA for other hunts may as well keep trying. I knew a guy that drew that tag but he had a bunch of points.

87TT

WKR
I think I had like 12 or 13 when I left 5 yrs ago. What a waste and 4 elk later