CA Ranger 22

tdhanses

WKR
Just saw this in my email, now I want one, this looks like a great 22! Priced at $795 which seems like a great price if it’ll be a tack driver. Match chamber, trigger tech trigger and accepts Ruger 10/22 mags.

Last edited:

archp625

WKR
I like it a lot. Seems like a good deal as well for what you get. My only issue is I wish they would have came out with a semi auto to compete with the 10/22.

Do people still buy bolt action .22’s?

I like it a lot. Seems like a good deal as well for what you get. My only issue is I wish they would have came out with a semi auto to compete with the 10/22.

I do! And now that I’ve got one I wonder what took me so long! It’s set up similar to my hunting rifles, same trigger and all. It’s been a great way to get tons of trigger time and practice with wind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I'll likely buy one since it will be a somewhat similar setup as my CA Ridgeline. Also I have a 22lr can I haven't used yet. In my opinion cans always look better on carbon fiber barrels (or any barrel with wider contour).

Last edited:

archp625

WKR
I do! And now that I’ve got one I wonder what took me so long! It’s set up similar to my hunting rifles, same trigger and all. It’s been a great way to get tons of trigger time and practice with wind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I kid on the do people still buy bolt action .22’s. I just love shooting my 10/22 with a kidd barrel.

Axlrod

WKR

Bergara has a semi in 22lr threaded (both ends) proof carbon barrel takes 10/22 mags. $600 at a local store.
BXR carbon
They also have a bolt 22 out

this Is frustrating. The words “carbon fibre” doesn’t make me want to part with greenbacks like some folks

So as for the merits of the gun

10/22 mag is good
So is the trigger tech

but proprietary action spacing,
huge drop in comb
0 moa rail
Diminutive size
And bentz chamber are big negatives

Last edited:
OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
this Is frustrating. The words “carbon fibre” doesn’t make me want to part with greenbacks like some folks

So as for the merits of the gun

10/22 mag is good
So is the trigger tech

but proprietary action spacing,
huge drop in comb
0 moa rail
Diminutive size
And bentz chamber are big negatives

Believe you can get other rails, just comes with the 0.

Bergara has a semi in 22lr threaded (both ends) proof carbon barrel takes 10/22 mags. $600 at a local store.
BXR carbon
They also have a bolt 22 out
Are these hitting the shelves yet? My buddy has had one on order for almost 8 months at the local sportsmans warehouse.

Axlrod

WKR
They are not carbon wrapped barrel. I shot one and it shot very well.
The one i saw had a Proof carbon barrel
From their web site:

The BXR 22 LR series comes in two configurations. The base model (part number BXR001) sports a 4140 CrMo fluted steel barrel with a blued finish, with a stock that is green with black fleck and weighs 6.1lbs. The upgraded BXR is a carbon fiber model (part number BXR002) that is topped with a carbon fiber barrel, a black stock with grey fleck that weighs a mere 4.75lbs.

From their web site:

The BXR 22 LR series comes in two configurations. The base model (part number BXR001) sports a 4140 CrMo fluted steel barrel with a blued finish, with a stock that is green with black fleck and weighs 6.1lbs. The upgraded BXR is a carbon fiber model (part number BXR002) that is topped with a carbon fiber barrel, a black stock with grey fleck that weighs a mere 4.75lbs.

Sounds like he should be getting it soon then. He ordered the carbon model.

Broz

WKR
From their web site:

I was referring to the Ranger 22 from Christensen Arms. I thought that was what this thread was about?

We just returned from SHOT Show 2020. We shot the Ranger 22 Monday at industry range day. We ordered two and it was my understanding they are not shipping yet and are a few months out.

Again this is the Christensen Arms Ranger 22 as per thread title. Not a Bargara.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
So I picked up mine about 10 days ago and thought I'd share my take😉
First off I was disappointed with the plastic bottom metal ( wish it was aluminum ) other than that I'm happy with fit and Finnish! It's a very very light rifle ( at first I thought toooo light for good bench work ) the trigger is crisp but does not lighten up enough! It's a 2.5-5 lbs but I was only able to get down to 3.1 pounds so this will be addressed 😉 So off to the bench after I mounted up a Maven RS3 . I started with some Lapua center X and it was impressive as I worked the point of impact to center of target in 2 shot groups it was touching shots all the way ! I got it dialed in and then shot for a group at 50 yards first group was just under 3/4 MOA with a little fighting that heavy trigger! Shot a few more groups with similar accuracy out to 100 yards . Tried a few different brands and come to the conclusion that it likes Lapua center X ,Midas + and SK rifle match ( I need more testing with SK I shot 2 1/2 MOA groups at 100 with it ) I was fighting feeding problems 😡 But no extraction issue, But have got it fixed!! I had to take one twist out of the mag spring as when the round come out of the mag it was slipping up past the 2 extractors. Now it feeds like butter 😆
I run a quick program on the phone and took it out to 225 for a first round hit on a 8" coyote steel with a little wind .
Now I need to do a little research for a MOA cant base and swap out the trigger! After shooting a couple hundred rounds I think the super light weight is actually going to be great as a training rifle !!! More to come as I get more time on this little gem 😉