CA results are in...

Wags

WKR
Points for me.... But I've got a CO 3rd Rifle Deer tag and we should draw Wyoming next week as well if all goes well..........

Moving out of state and figured i may as well blow my 3 deer points this year... Wanted to hunt some terrain that interests me so I applied for & drew x9c. No elk/sheep/pronghorn.

If anyone has hunted this tag before and willing to talk, I have a few specific questions about migration/pressure (don't need/want your spot) that I'd like to run by someone. Please PM me.

Wolf13

FNG
I applied right before the deadline and misread my notes. Pulled a x9b tag, and blew my points. I’ll make the best of it, but going to be hard to do any scouting as I’m in northern CA.

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
Drew a17 (x9b) any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Plan on making a couple scouting trips. Taking my handicapped grandfather, hoping he can get one from the roads with his crossbow. He cannot walk well at all lol. Then I’ll focus my attention to backpacking.

OP
aeverett152
Drew a17 (x9b) any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Plan on making a couple scouting trips. Taking my handicapped grandfather, hoping he can get one from the roads with his crossbow. He cannot walk well at all lol. Then I’ll focus my attention to backpacking.
Most of the deer are going to be up in elevation for A17. Going to have to lots of uphill hiking. Fingers crossed you guys see one on a dirt road by chance.

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I am a backpack hunter but my grandfather wanted to put in with me. I am going to try scouting west of bishop first. Then move south from there

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
Very steep, rugged terrain. Honestly a terrible place to take a handicapped grandfather.
Also you can't use a crossbow for an archery hunt or during archery season, only during rifle season. (unless he has a Disabled Archers Permit)

NorCalElk

FNG
I’m not at liberty to publicly name the lucky tag holder..if he wants to put his name out there he can but I won’t.
Understood there. Was just curious if i knew the individual also beings i believe we are from the same area...

cadman

FNG
Put in D17 as my only choice and got it.

Started a new job about three months ago so I don't have any PTO time for scouting, will need to use weekends for that. Before I hired in I told the Manager I needed at least a week off later in the year for deer hunting and he told me no problem.

OP
aeverett152
Put in D17 as my only choice and got it.

Started a new job about three months ago so I don't have any PTO time for scouting, will need to use weekends for that. Before I hired in I told the Manager I needed at least a week off later in the year for deer hunting and he told me no problem.
D17 was my second choice. Good luck this year. Looks like a fun hunt.