CA Ridgeline 300 WM 22" Ammo quest

lewisa45

FNG
I've been running Federal Terminal Ascent 200 grain through my Ridgeline (130 rds so far) and am generally disappointed in my groups. I plan on trying a bunch of different ammo going forward but wanted to see if anyone else has tried TA bullets and had similar issues with the same rifle? Also, aside from the 180 gr Accubond and 215 Berger any other factory ammo recommendations for this gun? Thanks

nobody

WKR
Hornady Match 178 Gr. I’m about 98% sure that’s what Christensen uses for their accuracy verification and testing at their factory.

Cousin and I have the same rifles but I believe 26" barrel's. Mine likes the 200 TA's but his will put 180 grain ttsx factory loads inside each other. Ours did not like Nosler Premium 180 accubonds but others seem to have good luck with them in that rifle. Remington 180 grain Core-Lokt PSP's were also under 1" as well. Good Luck!

I've been running Federal Terminal Ascent 200 grain through my Ridgeline (130 rds so far) and am generally disappointed in my groups. I plan on trying a bunch of different ammo going forward but wanted to see if anyone else has tried TA bullets and had similar issues with the same rifle? Also, aside from the 180 gr Accubond and 215 Berger any other factory ammo recommendations for this gun? Thanks

Check out my for sale ad. A good variety of top tier 300WM ammo for sale at almost half off.

I had the same issue with a Bergara and bought nearly all the good ammo I could find at around $3.50/round.