CA Traverse

freebird

WKR
Looks like I have finally sold my 300 RUM. I purchased a CA Traverse today. Trying to decide if I want to keep my Nightforce NXS on it or find a lighter scope. My personal longest shot would be 500-600 yards. Not really sure if I need a scope as heavy as the NXS or look for a lighter scope. I see Leupold has a new VX 5 7-35HD scope.

Last edited:

lintond

WKR
Personally if you aren’t shooting far that 7-35 mag range isn’t the right choice. Something in the 4-16 would seem more appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bkottke35

WKR
No experience with the rifle other than my buddy had one in 300 prc. He loves it. He topped his with the Leupold vx5 4-20. Seems like a good combo.

I'd really like to have the Swaro Z5. Either the 3.5-18 or the 5-20 (i think it is).
Would be a nice scope that would help with the weight of that pretty hefty Traverse.

I'd really like to have the Swaro Z5. Either the 3.5-18 or the 5-20 (i think it is).
Would be a nice scope that would help with the weight of that pretty hefty Traverse.

I'm a Swaro fanboy. Love their binos (have several pair) and also have several scopes (Z6, X5). That being said, do a little research on the Z5 before you buy.

ive read some on them. Care to enlighten me on what you think?

The Z5 series has known return to zero issues (not everyone experiences this) and don't track great when dialing (they were not designed to dial as I understand it). Similar for the Z6 (which I have but I don't dial with it). If you don't plan on shooting 1000+ rounds and don't plan on dialing then you would likely be ok.