CA Zone X8

OP
M
I haven’t heard good things, thought I’d see what people have had to say on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
I've hunted in california since the late 80s in the Xzones. There are some monster bucks there. But to compare the deer numbers of today to then is laughable. The herd has never recovered from the compounded effected of no lion hunting the bug winger kill somewhere around 1996.

It is super sad. I'm almost to the point where I wont out in for any premium tag here unless it's late season or the top two X Zones.

Marble

WKR
I look at X8 from the front of my house. Lots of bears, very few deer.

Very common in the X zones now. California banned hound hunting and still hasnt opened bear s.hunting state wide. I saw more bear tracks and sign in the back country this year then deer. Very sad.

Not to mention the cattle grazing into october...

KClark

WKR
I haven't hunted deer in X8 for a long time but I do quail hunt there. Not uncommon to see zero deer in a weekend but unbelievable amounts of bear tracks in the dusty roads.

Yes and a later season

I have hunted the early and the late seasons. The early is a higher elevation, thicker cover, still hunting type hunt where as the late season it a lower elevation more open country type hunting but you can run into private property issues in the late season.