Cabela's 02 octane

BCsteve

WKR
I have a pair of those, I wore them last season on a moose hunt. I like them. I think they’re pretty descent for the price.

gwl79902

WKR
I have been looking at those and went to a couple of stores but never could put hands on. It seems like a lot of their stuff goes on sale in the late winter so I am waiting for that to grab a pair. They have their puffy pants for 70 dollars off.

Chico103

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair with a gift card and they’ve been great. They were my first pair of stretchy hunting pants, so much more comfortable for hiking. I’ve got about 14 field days in them and they’re still in great shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
I love the puffy pants I have. Got them on the $70 off sale. Wish they offered the matching jacket in more then medium. According to customer service they may not come back with it

MinixJT

FNG
Yes. They told me similar last year. Not sure what BPS will do with their instinct line. It was good, albeit not Sitka but priced well and I think would have found a good niche.

NDGuy

WKR
No experience with those, if you can find any of the Cabelas Lightweight Microtex stuff I would grab that. Cheap and awesome clothes!

The "O2" refers to the camo pattern o2 Octane, and is one of the camo patterns that Cabelas carries. I have several of the Microtex shirts that I hunt with in the O2 camo. I wanted a shirt with chest pockets, and Sitka didn't offer any. I am very pleased with the Microtex shirts, but have not tried any of the pants mentioned by the OP. BTW the O2 Octane camo pattern seems to match pretty well with any other camo pattern.

Last edited:

MinixJT

FNG
Yes I use it with Sitka a lot. I found the Microtex pants fit much "different", Skinny around the ankles. Though I'm a clydesdale at 6'3 230 so that may be why. Those Stalker/Instinct pants however fit perfect.

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite soft shell is an o2 Octane lookout fleece. I had a Sitka jet stream in my cart at Cabellas when I came across this o2 soft shell. After trying it on, I put the almost $400. Jet stream back on the rack for the $79. Cabellas jacket. Last year, after trying out the FL Catalyst I sold it. Back to the Cabellas o2. If it had pit zips it would be perfect .

MinixJT

FNG
Yeah the Lookout Fleece stuff is solid. I really hope they continue the quality Cabelas hunting line now that BPS has them. Otherwise ill be having to buy a lot of subalpine stuff in the near future

JigStick

WKR
The Instinct Stalker pants are awesome. Stretch built into the fabric and Kevlar reinforced knees and ankles. They are the most comfortable pair of hunting paints I’ve had yet. Plenty of room in the basement to squat down. I would compare them to how Duluth Trading Firehose Flex pants feel. I have the Instinct insulated bibs too and they are nice as well.