Cabelas Alaskan guide tent

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My buddy and I used my 6-man on a fishing trip to BC, and we had a lot of water in the tent on that trip. I still have no idea where it came from. I figured the rain fly needed resealing so I came home and sprayed the fly and siliconed the seams of it and it still got water inside when it rained. No holes in the fly or the bottom of the tent.

But as for snow load, I think it was 2006 and I woke up to some creaking sounds at 0330. I tried to stand up and the top of the tent was quite a bit shorter than it should have been. Opened the door and there was already over a foot of snow on the ground and coming down hard. We quickly packed up and got out of there, but there was quite a load of snow on my tent (fiberglass poles).

Stalker69

WKR
so is there where your tent leaks? Where is the lake coming into the tent from?
I sewed all the rips punctures what ever you want to call them. I know the floor it self leaks some how because that is how it fills with water and why we don’t get wet As long as we are on the cots. I am not exactly sure where the comes in, but it does, and if it rains hard it floods the inside, I have had like 4-5 inches deep running through the bottom of it in a real bad storm in Kansas at a fishing tournament. When the poles broke they did not rip the floor, they ripped the sides of the tent.

bomb proof tent - great truck tent, I keep one as a backup in the truck if need to stay a night or get out of weather, dont work well with cot if get 4 man or smaller

Wow! I didn't know how lucky I was to own a tent like this. I must be a fortunate person to get one of the last ones off the shelf before the merger. I have the 6-Man tent, and it is a pain to put up by yourself, but it isn't that bad. Just make sure that you're not buzzed from drinking too many beers, and it will go up in due time. It certainly isn't easy and takes a few minutes to get things squared away. I actually really like the tent. There is so much room in there for activities. The only bummer is that you do need to have a low-profile cot. I found that my normal height cot didn't work great because it pushed in on the walls. Otherwise I slept just fine on an air mattress, but a cot would be better. I am excited to use it again here in the future, but for now I need to stick to my ultralight tent for backpacking.
I would strongly suggest that IF you are on the fence about getting one, I would get it PROVIDED it is one of the originals.