Cabelas Alaskan Guide tent????

Fatcamp

WKR
4-man with the old style vestibule. They can handle almost anything. Really tough shelter. We have not had condensation issues, but we also hunt the desert.

tamir

FNG
We have had two 8-man Guide tents. The aluminum poles are worth the $ as they are tougher in the wind (very wind resistant tent for the size
of it.) Our first one finally was getting weak in the fly from UV exposure after 15 or so years of use, a lot at higher elevations in CO. We bought another like it and still use it, most recently on a two week fly-in Northern BC fly-in hunt. We use the old large style vestibule to cook in.

We never had moisture issues in the tent.....you need to run the interior triangular "windows" down aways to allow it to ventilate, same with the top panel. We cook in the single wall vestibule and it does get wet. No floor in it, just a tarp so no issues with the drips there.

As per setting up the tent, once you learn how it is a snap. There's six poles and a fair amount of stakes so it does take a bit of time, especially with the large old style vestibule. My wife and I pitched it at night dozens of times and are still married!

Good luck with your tent selection!
can you please tell me wehre i can buy the alumium poles for the Alaskan guide 6 p ?

tamir

FNG
can you please tell me wehre i can buy the alumium poles for the Alaskan guide 6 p ?
pleasssssss even where i can order alumium poles which will be the exact match ?
Than you

pleasssssss even where i can order alumium poles which will be the exact match ?
Than you

I’ve seen them on eBay, but I really don’t think they are necessary. The fiberglass poles they come with are no joke. Much beefier than most tents.

tamir

FNG
I’ve seen them on eBay, but I really don’t think they are necessary. The fiberglass poles they come with are no joke. Much beefier than most tents.
thank you very much for your reply,
i read that the fiberglass can break and , anyway i love to loss some weight
i am looking for the poles for a week and never find it. so i decided to order by size and diameter
do you happened to know the exact data of the poles?

thank you very much for your reply,
i read that the fiberglass can break and , anyway i love to loss some weight
i am looking for the poles for a week and never find it. so i decided to order by size and diameter
do you happened to know the exact data of the poles?

I don’t at the moment. If you’re buying the 8-man, I can measure them next week when I’m off work though.

Banker

FNG
Here is a video review from a couple of guys that used one up in Alaska during a heavy storm. it will show you how tough this tent is for wind and rain,

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Alaskan Guide 6 man tent and also the Instinct 8 man tent. The 6 man would be great for 2 people with cots and keeping gear inside out of the elements if you don't have the vestibule. The 8 man gives you a bit more room and would handle 3-4 people under the same conditions. The vestibules give you a bit more room for storing gear out of the elements. As others have said, great tents that take a lot of punishment but are a pain to put up. I love both of them. If you get one make sure to get the footprint also or at least put a tarp down underneath.