Cabela’s Alaskan Guide tents

mudcat81

FNG
I have the 8 man in my cart. Trying to justify the need. I currently only have a tent for backpacking but have been looking at a tent for base camp that would also serve as a family camping tent.

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
I've had my 4 man for over 10 years and can easily say that I've got my money's worth. Way too heavy for backpacking, but is great for base camp.

JNDEER

WKR
I have the 8 and two 6 man west wind tents. They have all been in there share of torrential down pours and flooding conditions hunting along the coast here in CA in the winter. Cannot compare them to others, but i have never had a problem with them ever. Even had them in some wicked wind storms- no issues what so ever.

I have the 8-man. Paid $350 for it on Black Friday 2017. That’s also when you could get $100 Cabelas gift cards for $80 so I actually only paid $290 plus about 4% sales tax.

Very well made tent. Easily sleeps three with cots. Could do four if gear is kept outside.

The pic is from the first time it was used. Got down to negative 5 Fahrenheit at night and “up to” single digits during the day.

Attachments

• 61638228-12E3-4422-9780-08DEB358FD9D.jpeg
    61638228-12E3-4422-9780-08DEB358FD9D.jpeg
    522.8 KB · Views: 132

KU_Geo

WKR
Do you guys all have the fiberglass pole version? Thought they use to make an aluminum pole model as well but don’t see it online

Do you guys all have the fiberglass pole version? Thought they use to make an aluminum pole model as well but don’t see it online

Yes. Fiberglass. In 2017 when I bought mine, aluminum could be purchased separately for $100 I believe.

I think you’ll be ok without them unless you’re going somewhere truly brutal.

xziang

WKR
New link for eceryone. (See below) They used to offer aluminum poles and I bought a replacement akuminum pole a while ago when they were on clearance. Hard to find them now. I love the 4 man i picked up on sale years ago.

keller

WKR
Thats as cheap as I've seen them since I picked up a 6 man black Friday 2017 for $279. They had the aluminum pole option for more money can't even find the aluminum poles anymore.it is a solid tent but heavy.wouldn't doubt their discontinuing the tent as they have with alot of cabelas branded stuff.I spent thousands of dollars preparing for a Alaskan road trip. Now I have points and can't even find anything to buy. After bass pro.rip cabelas.

MT257

WKR
I have the 8-man. Paid $350 for it on Black Friday 2017. That’s also when you could get $100 Cabelas gift cards for $80 so I actually only paid $290 plus about 4% sales tax.

Very well made tent. Easily sleeps three with cots. Could do four if gear is kept outside.

The pic is from the first time it was used. Got down to negative 5 Fahrenheit at night and “up to” single digits during the day.

Did you get the floor liner? If so how’s it hold up in rainstorms? Ever have an issue of water coming through the floor?

Did you get the floor liner? If so how’s it hold up in rainstorms? Ever have an issue of water coming through the floor?

I did get the floor liner only in case the dogs came camping with me. It has never leaked a drop. I have even run a propane heater inside. The shell gets a lot of condensation but it all goes down to the ground.

Check out these guys. Probably the best test data out there.

The only reason they had some issues the second night is because their guy lines came out. There are a lot of lines on the tent, and I’m not certain they were using them all.