Cabela's/Basspro buying Kuiu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WRO

WKR
Has anyone else heard this rumor? There is a picture floating around the industry or a Cabela's welcomes Kuiu banner that was supposedly outside the bass pro head quarters 2 weeks ago.

MThuntr

WKR
nope...a quick google didn't even show anything though I didn't invest more than a few seconds searching.

Maybe Kuiu is going to start showing up in the Cabela's T-shirt shop with a bass jumping out of the water or a giant elk bugling slapped on it. Though they're going to really have to up their sizing to fit the standard demographic.

Wrench

WKR
If they sell product, it will buy the store some time....if they buy kuiu, that brand will go to utter shit in short order.

Cabela’s branded clothing from the Jim and Dick days was top quality gear....now it's cheap by Chinese standards.

Agree with what’s been said above… I really hope they aren’t buying Kuiu. I would have to step away from Kuiu if thats the case. I can’t imagine them maintaining the same level of quality. I’d of course keep using the Kuiu stuff I have until it dies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cost to produce is the same.

But the profit margin is ridiculously higher with the boutique camos. The demographic is extremely fashion conscious, and especially susceptible to status marketing.

Why wouldn't a giant retailer make them an offer?

OP
WRO

WRO

WKR
nope...a quick google didn't even show anything though I didn't invest more than a few seconds searching.

Maybe Kuiu is going to start showing up in the Cabela's T-shirt shop with a bass jumping out of the water or a giant elk bugling slapped on it. Though they're going to really have to up their sizing to fit the standard demographic.
This was taken by a buddy of mine.

I'm guessing Jasons wife wants to cash out.
57c1f044610d9c548fceef3ac51c156f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

That is not good. Bass pro has ruined every single thing they touch. I’ve worn kuiu since the beginning. I’ve also worn anything and everything that would compete with it. For me, my body type and style of hunting there has been nothing that compares. I have noticed their service has drastically gone downhill recently. I know someone who has a relative at kuiu. Will have to reach out and see if they will say anything.

bsnedeker

WKR
Yeah, rumor is that Kuiu is not doing well at all right now so they are on the block trying to find someone to buy them. You've seen them basically stop trying to innovate or change in any way since they lost Jason from what I can tell.

I just hope this means they license the Verde camo out to more companies! It's the best product they have by a long shot!

MThuntr

WKR

Hmm not sure what to think...I stand by my comment of them needing to up their sizing if they want to be in a Cabelas...not fat shaming because I fall into that category :D. I'm gonna need a 2XL Schmedium

Hmm not sure what to think...I stand by my comment of them needing to up their sizing if they want to be in a Cabelas...not fat shaming because I fall into that category :D. I'm gonna need a 2XL Schmedium
Hahaha. Agree there. That’s why I love their gear. Everyone is built different but for me it’s why I’m a fan. I’m a 6’2” 185 lbs long arm gym rat and it’s the only brand that fits right. I can wear a large so no excess gut room and the arms actually go to my wrists. I guess time to try some of these other newer brands I’ve been eyeing. Ex. Pnuma, forloh and skre

Laramie

WKR
Rumor I heard is that Cabela's is going to start carrying KUIU clothing. That's from a pretty low level Cabela's employee so no clue if it's accurate.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
If they are becoming a KUIU distributor that’s one thing. If they are buying the brand that’s an entirely different story.

My guess is KUIU did a local or traveling speaking engagement at select bass pro shops. Or they did a corporate visit and somebody snapped a photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.