Cabelas by Meindl?

Magnum61

Lil-Rokslider
I had a pair or Canadas that were absolutely my most favorite boot for about 10 years. I bought them after meeting a guy that snapped his Achilles in the Goat Rocks, in WA. He was able to lace that boot down and limp out.

I would still run them if I could buy them from Meindl.

NoWiser

WKR
What size are you? I have a brand new pair size 12 I am trying to sell. In the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate the offer, but I'm a size 9. You know what they say about guys with small feet.......they shoot big bucks. At least that's what I tell myself.

Bulldawg

WKR
Appreciate the offer, but I'm a size 9. You know what they say about guys with small feet.......they shoot big bucks. At least that's what I tell myself.

You know what they say about guys with big feet? It’s hard to sell boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that sucks about Cabela's discontinuing Meindls I love those boots. What's next Euro HD optics? Hopefully the made in Germany Meindls become more widely available in the states now. I've looked at ordering them from Canada and shipping isn't cheap, it's a gamble if they don't fit.

I have a pair of the Alaskan hunters that I've had for several years...I don't wear them a lot. Too much volume inside the boot for me. Makes them feel a little sloppy even with insoles. That being said, I've worn them on some pretty strenuous elk hunts and such. They do the job. I just prefer a boot that is a little more form fitting.
The laces that come with them are not great.
Per the question I would say they are not equal to the best.... which would be... what works for you in your situation. Everyones feet are different.
Buy them. Wear them around the house if they don't work send them back.

Grundy53

WKR
I have the Perfekt Extremes. Love them. I wear them all winter for work and for hunting elk. Both are in western Washington so they get put to the test as far as rain and wet brush goes. Also wear them on my late November Idaho whitetail hunts and they keep my feet warm and dry. They are super comfortable. Hope they become available somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ridge86

WKR
That sucks, those are good boots! But of course anything good they discontinue

brad407210

Lil-Rokslider
Their address is Sydney, NE, I'm curious what the story is on that, but hopefully they're still using the same same forms to build them because the squared off toe box on the Perfekt line was the best fitting boot I ever found

ChrisS

WKR
Yeah, there's a few threads on these.

They're great boots still. I bought a pair of the vakuums and put about 60-70 miles on them this fall. No substantive issues.

ericF

WKR
Their address is Sydney, NE, I'm curious what the story is on that, but hopefully they're still using the same same forms to build them because the squared off toe box on the Perfekt line was the best fitting boot I ever found

From one of the other Meindl threads, someone mentioned that some of the old Cabelas employees started the USA distribution of Meindl.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
From one of the other Meindl threads, someone mentioned that some of the old Cabelas employees started the USA distribution of Meindl.
This is true the way I understand it. Bought the Vakuum Hunters by Meindl USA this summer and they have worked out great. Just as comfortable if not more so than my old Denalis.