Cabelas Credit Card 10% off days - gone for good?

Trial153

WKR
People need to understand that closing an account doesn’t on the surface have a FICO score impact. It only has an impact if the loss of credit moves the percentage of what you owe vs your total credit higher. In other words it may a absolutely no impact on your score.

If you are disappointed with Cabelas in Sidney you may want to steer clear of the 2 Denver stores they opened a few years ago. They have about 1/2 the hunting clothes/equipment that's in Sidney! You pretty much have to order online in Colo! Scheel's near Loveland is pretty impressive! Also, would rather shop at Sportsman's Warehouse because the Denver stores never have anything in stock! I wonder if the original Cabela's are rolling in their graves with what's going on?

I just left the Richfield, Wisconsin store which used to make the Denver stores look like a joke and it looks like it was neutered since the last time I visited. No more bargain cave, no more lifetime warranty, far less Cabelas brand clothing and more Redhead (garbage), credit card is now a joke, and Im sure a dozen other things I haven't mentioned. Its a bit depressing but they are going to leave the doors wide open for Sportsmans or some other similar store to take off again which I am looking forward to. As soon as I find an alternative supplier to the fishing stuff I need locally BP/Cabelas won't see any more of my time.

Another change...prior to the merge, Cabelas would honor the veteran discount for online purchases. It was a simple step to upload and send necessary proof of such, and the discount became automatic at checkout (on top of all other discounts & Cave items). For many of us the brick and mortar stores are a great distance to drive to because there is like one per state. It felt like Cabelas was really giving back to the many that made many sacrifices.

That process went by the wayside. Now, the veteran discount is only given for in-store purchases and non-Cave items. The Caves are all but gone, at least trips to the HQ store in Nebraska and the greater Chicagoland store proved this to me in the past 2 months. The old Caves now hold full priced 3D targets and other large full priced items. If the goal was to get ppl in their stores to spend money, the Cave accomplished it.

Like a bad car accident, I find myself forced to watch how this ends for the former heavyweight outfitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
For what it's worth - 10% off through ActiveJunky today. And you don't need their card. There's almost always a discount running that way, varies how much it is.

Backyard

WKR
People need to understand that closing an account doesn’t on the surface have a FICO score impact. It only has an impact if the loss of credit moves the percentage of what you owe vs your total credit higher. In other words it may a absolutely no impact on your score.

This is true as my score went up after I closed mine out.

LitenFast

WKR
Just telling my wife all these same things, cabelas card is only lasting till I cash out my points on a glock in the next month or two.

Our Green Bay Wi store is also going downhill fast, too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got rid of mine a year ago. i remember a 20% off card holders. getting rid of the card i believe helps your credit. having open credit amounts not used isint good for you securing other lines of credit. dont miss it!