Cabelas display/floor/scratch and dent policy?

UpWndFrt

FNG
Anyone know what their policy is on selling dinged up merch? No clue how they run their stores, and it probably varies by product, but I saw a lot of items that were pretty beat.

Safes are one thing, and I almost expect them to get smacked by carts, jacket zippers, keys hanging out of pockets, watches and jewelry of people walking by, etc. But optics? These are items in a case and ooked like they'd been thrown in an unpadded box, on top of each other then placed in the trunk if a rally car.

Maybe they display returns, maybe they have display-only inventory... or maybe employees scratch all the paint off the goods when taking them out of the cabinet. Either way, think they'd sell that stuff at a discount?

I haven't had any luck finding commentary, official policy, or employee anecdotes, but I'm sure somebody out there has some insight.

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
I got a safe from Bass Pro for a 10% discount for it being the one on the floor. It was the last one they had in the building though. I've never gotten anything else from there that was the "display model" so I can't speak for any other items.

OP
U

UpWndFrt

FNG
Makes sense; why take a hit only to expose a new pair to wear, I suppose. Not a good look to have in the display case tho...

rayporter

WKR
a long time ago they put up a tent in wheeling and man did they have the bargains -stuff like 60 % off

i got a pack saddle and panniers for 200$

keller

WKR
i think depends on product.i was at cabelas owatonna mn two weeks ago they had a full shelf of discounted meat grinders.vacuum sealers.meat slicers. they said refirbished i bought a 1 hp grinder reg $499 for $299.looks and works like new.

I got 10% off a rangefinder that was in the display case but it was the last one in the store of that model and the guy just took it out of the box.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The Cabelas in Idaho Falls will give you a discount on firearms due to they need to move them from the racks to the back room every night and they get dinged up. I just picked up a Savage 110 hunter in 223. It was marked $669.99 and was the only one they had. It had some scuffs on the stock due to the above handling. He first offered me 5% off, then after me looking at it for a while said he would do 10%. When he rang up the sale, these were on sale for $594.97 (75 off) and he still applied the 10% so $535.50 out the door. I don't think he even noticed that it rang up at a discount. Found out today that Savage is also offering a $75 rebate, so we will see if that goes through.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
There is no bargain cave anymore in my local store. Bass Pro isn't interested in serving the customer.
Agreed. Unfortunately I have to be pretty desperate to even go in Cabelas at this point. A couple of bad customer service encounters go a long way for me.

EastMT

WKR
I’m not a fan, but one good thing is BP has ammo contracts for the year, so their purchase price is set. They are still selling 9mm for .25, so that’s handy if you can get there when they have it.

xziang

WKR
Asked something similar to cabelas here in the midwest when the bargain cave went bye bye. Apparently around here returns and such end up at a basspro discount store someplace down in MO. (Never looked i to kt to hard for cabelas has gone downhill since bp bought them)

Asked something similar to cabelas here in the midwest when the bargain cave went bye bye. Apparently around here returns and such end up at a basspro discount store someplace down in MO. (Never looked i to kt to hard for cabelas has gone downhill since bp bought them)
The BP headquarters has a separate building next door as an "outlet" store.

Kindo

WKR
I picked up my Swaro SV ELs in the bargain cave because they were the "display" for a hefty sum of 1050. I'm not sure how they came up with that discount as its well under half of the retail MSRP. At our local location, they seemed to be pretty reasonable for doing mark downs on display models for everything.

Jack321

Lil-Rokslider
I wish they'd bring back the Bargain Cave, none of the Cabela's near me have them anymore.

xziang

WKR
I picked up my Swaro SV ELs in the bargain cave because they were the "display" for a hefty sum of 1050. I'm not sure how they came up with that discount as its well under half of the retail MSRP. At our local location, they seemed to be pretty reasonable for doing mark downs on display models for everything.
Which cabelas did you go to? You buy them at/in the bargain cave since BP bought cabelas?