Cabelas Euro HD under BPS

texag10

WKR
The warranty is worthless. I bought 10x42 euro HDs from cabelas instead of getting Meoptas because I counted on the support being better. My experience showed the opposite is true, and Meopta US is GREAT even if you have cabelas branded products.

Long story short, lost an eyecup off my binos, contacted cabelas, they first sent me a link to buy a cover. After getting them to understand what I wanted, I was told they would not replace it (understandable, I lost if by unscrewing it too far) and, furthermore, I could not buy a replacement piece because they "don't disclose their vendors."

This persisted even after I told them their vendor was Meopta.

One call to Meopta US and I had 2 eyecups sent to me for free. Now Meopta will get a good look for any binos or spotting scopes I want in the future, and I will not step foot in cabelas.

Matt G.

WKR
Looks like sportsman's warehouse is going to bassproed/redheaded now too

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Jo83ben

FNG
Jesus Christ bass pro shops is buying them. What the hell happened to anti-trust laws and preventing monopolies from forming. They’ll sell and market this as being “great for the consumer”, but then they’ll all sell the same crap, have the same crap warranties and service, and it’ll stifle competition. If this goes through all three stores should be boycotted unless you need camo housewares and roasted nut bags from the register area.

Sorry not trying to hijack this thread, just super annoyed as sportsmans has been my new go to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G
Looks like sportsman's warehouse is going to bassproed/redheaded now too

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Just read this, man I like Sportsman's too.

So in the past I lost the rubber eyepiece cover on my Euro HD binos and called to replace the caps and they offered to exchange the binos! This was right after buyout so maybe they hadn't been fully Bass Proed yet. I said that wouldn't be necessary and emailed Meoota and they sent me replacements free from Czechoslovakia.

kpbrown31

FNG
I assume the Cabelas Meopta would be a step above the Leupold BX 4 Pro Guide binoculars? Looking at both for options.

AGPank

WKR
I assume the Cabelas Meopta would be a step above the Leupold BX 4 Pro Guide binoculars? Looking at both for options.

Cabelas has some 10x42 EuroHDs on sell now, like $550, can’t beat that.

Hahaha. Buuuuut cabelas is now a great place to shop for camo duvet covers and camo jammies with matching slippers! So there is that.

Used to love cabelas, now every time I go in there I leave empty handed and more slighted. Haha.

Bass pro shops if you’re reading this...you suck and you ruined a decent thing.

It's worth re-posting. Bass pro does suck, and they did ruin a decent thing.