Cabelas Euro HD vs Maven B series

Curious if you all think the Maven B series binos would be a step up from the original Cabelas Euro HD binos?

Looking to upgrade and really like the looks of the Maven B.2 11x45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exactly an apples to apples comparison but I own both the 9x B2 and the 15x Cabelas Euro HD. I’d say glass clarity is very similar. The B2 tends to have a flatter/colder appearance than the Cabelas/Meoptas. Personally, for a pair of chest binos, you’d have to pry my Mavens from my cold dead hands or hand me a free pair of 8.5x42 ELs to get me to switch. They’re a bit bulky, but they’re simply the best all around binos Ive owned.

OP
Robinhood21
Not exactly an apples to apples comparison but I own both the 9x B2 and the 15x Cabelas Euro HD. I’d say glass clarity is very similar. The B2 tends to have a flatter/colder appearance than the Cabelas/Meoptas. Personally, for a pair of chest binos, you’d have to pry my Mavens from my cold dead hands or hand me a free pair of 8.5x42 ELs to get me to switch. They’re a bit bulky, but they’re simply the best all around binos Ive owned.

Good to know!! Thank you. Actually after doing some research it does look like the 9X45s would be best for hanging off my chest instead of the 11x45

Last edited:
Good to know!! Thank you. Actually after doing some research it does look like the 9X45s would be best for hanging off my cheat instead of the 11x45

There’s been a pair of 9s in the classifieds for a while for a very fair price. If they’re still available I’d highly recommend going that route. Not to knock the Meoptas, as they’re great glass as well.

Firehawk

WKR
I have the 9x and think that they are terrific. I have three hunting buddies that are all using the 11x and think that they are great too. I personally struggled holding a 10x bino with my hands, so the 9x made the most sense for me. Both are terrific on a tripod.

I have a 15x Meopta B1 that I recently picked up here on Rokslide. Not a true comparison at all, but both glass is terrific. I honestly don't know that you would see a huge difference in the image between your current Cabelas Euro (Meopta Meotstar) and the Maven to make a switch. And I love my Mavens and think that they are a terrific bino.

My friend who uses the 11x, purchased a 10x Swaro SLC this summer and used them side by side for about a week to determine which he preferred. He ended up sending the Swaro back. Didn't feel that it was worth the extra $400 or so to upgrade. He did see some differences and thought the SLC were better in a few spots. Deep shadows and size were the two he said stood out. But...it wasn't enough of a difference to warrant keeping the Swaro. I didn't get a chance to test them out for my eyes though, so I am going off of his experience.

Lbayers91

WKR
I have a pair of B2 9x45s and a pair of EL 8.5x42s. I run my ELs definitely get the edge, but I’ve had a hard time finding anything bad to say about the B2s. I’ll actually run them over the ELs for low light timber whitetail hunting. You’d be hard pressed to find anything comparable in the $1k range. Top notch fit, finish and glass. I’ve demo’d almost everything maven makes and the B2 is in my opinion their best product (B5 18x56 runs a near second).

Lbayers91

WKR
A Tract Toric UHD can hang with any Maven made, IMO.
Have not gotten my hands on any Tract. Have you run the B2s and B1s from Maven? IMO, the B2s are significantly better than the B1s. From specs, it looks like the 10x50 Tract and 9x45 Mavens you would get a little better eye relief from Tract, but a better prism system and 20%+ greater FOV from Maven. Really curious about the Tracts, I have heard good stuff.