Cabelas Euro (Meostar) HD vs LEICA Trinovid HD

Dmiller25

FNG
I’m looking at these two binos particularly in the 10x42. What are your guys opinions on these two? Mainly a tree stand hunter so the weight isn’t a concern so mainly optics quality is what I’m looking for. Thanks for any and all feedback!

OP
D

Dmiller25

FNG
I've owned both and I would agree with that. If the new Trinovid HD had a wider field of view and could take a conventional tripod adapter stud, I never would have returned it. It's a delight in the hands.

Thank you for the reply! Would you also agree that the meostar is optically superior? Since you have owned both.

Thank you for the reply! Would you also agree that the meostar is optically superior? Since you have owned both.
Boy that's tough. The Meostar is to my eyes very pleasing optically. I like the slight warmer color. It really seems to make things stand out. The Trinovid HD left nothing to be desired optically. I mean I couldn't find a flaw with it other than the narrow FOV that gave me that "looking through a tube" sensation. But I also didn't fall in love with the image either. It's hard to explain but some glass just "works" better with your eyes than others. Some prefer cooler colors and some warmer. I definitely prefer warmer colors as it appears the contrast is higher and things are more "distinct." But in the lower light, I think those cooler colors adjust better and give the impression of a brighter image, the same way UV whiteners make your white shirts look cleaner even though they aren't.

The Trinovid's definitely handle better. The Meostars are just a bit chunky and heavy for me. But there is nothing to complain about in the pure image quality of either one.

Matt G.

WKR
I have owned both. meopta is slightly better. animals popped more. leica is lighter and handles well. I hated that it didn't have the screw for tripod.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Boy that's tough. The Meostar is to my eyes very pleasing optically. I like the slight warmer color. It really seems to make things stand out. The Trinovid HD left nothing to be desired optically. I mean I couldn't find a flaw with it other than the narrow FOV that gave me that "looking through a tube" sensation. But I also didn't fall in love with the image either. It's hard to explain but some glass just "works" better with your eyes than others. Some prefer cooler colors and some warmer. I definitely prefer warmer colors as it appears the contrast is higher and things are more "distinct." But in the lower light, I think those cooler colors adjust better and give the impression of a brighter image, the same way UV whiteners make your white shirts look cleaner even though they aren't.

The Trinovid's definitely handle better. The Meostars are just a bit chunky and heavy for me. But there is nothing to complain about in the pure image quality of either one.

Thanks for that analysis - as a guy who’s eyes tune better to a neutral or cooler view I completely agree - spot on. Also agree on the Meostar vs Trinovid comparison. All else being equal I’d always buy the better handling optic because it is more likely to always be in use. Know quite a few guys with big chunky optics that are sometimes left in the truck, or otherwise not just up to their eyes as much as mine are. BTW - not convinced a 10x42 is ideal for treestand hunting. For that application I’d most likely be found with my 8x32s.

HntnFsh

FNG
I love the Meostars. Ive looked through the Trinovids and they were a close second. I actually like the feel of the Meostars in my hands and the way they fit my eyes. One thing I would think about if you decide on the Meostars if you want Cabelas Euros or actual Meopta meostars. Same binos. But my understanding is that Meopta wpnt warranty the Euros. Its strictly through Cabelas. I just don't like where Cabelas is at now a days so it concerned me how long they would be around to honor the warranty. Maybe forever, I don't know.But it made me a tad nervous.