Cabelas External Frame Pack Article

dotman

WKR
Nice write-up, so now that you are in the market for a new pack and since your on Kryptek's prostaff I would say it is time for a Kifaru in highlander :)

Nice write up, I have had this same pack for the better part of the last 10-12 years. My bag and frame are the older style where you have to change the torso setting by pulling the rings and pins. The bag its self seems to have come a long way also, mine has no way to carry a rifle and very minimal webbing or lashing points. All that said my pack has hauled its share of meat and as stated in your article it has a ton of room. I use mine strictly as a meat hualer as it is way to big, heavy, and uncomfortable for a day pack. It is tough as nails as a hauler though.

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes! For the price and what I paid for this pack many years ago it has paid for itself 10 times over! And I am hard on it!

bobhunts

WKR
Bought the frame used off another site for cheap. So I was gonna sell it to another friend going to AK next year. We went to Cabelas on black friday and you cannot buy the bag alone. They looked at all of there web based stuff. Wondering if they are disconinuing it? Bob.