Cabela’s external frame with Kuiu/Exo bag

Usi05

WKR
Loving my external Alaskan frame and want to put either a 3500 or a Kuiu 4000 in it instead of the Cabela’s bag it came with.

Have any of you done this?

I need to see the buckle layout of the back of each of those pack to determine what mods will be needed to fit frame.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
Anyone? Ordered the bag so I guess we will find out later this week!

Did you order a new pro bag or get a bag from the outlet? For this project I would go with an outlet bag as it’s cheaper.
You will need some webbing and male/female buckle ends for sure to make straps that attach to your frame and the bag. With all the attachment points on the Kuiu bag I’m sure you can rig it up to the Alaskan Frame.
Curious why not just use the Kuiu frame/suspension?

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
You will need some webbing and male/female buckle ends for sure. With all the attachment points on the Kuiu bag I’m sure you can rig it up to the Alaskan Frame.
Curious why not just use the Kuiu frame/suspension?

Cost. First year doing this and have already had to drop a bunch of cash. I will buy one next year if I like the Kuiu bag.

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
This is where I’m at. Actually existing buckles to secure to Kuiu frame worked for Cabela’s frame. Bag needs to be a bit tighter so I need to button a few things up but this was pretty straightforward me IMG_0175.JPGIMG_0170.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0174.JPG
    IMG_0174.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 46

BDLutz

FNG
Now I have an idea for my Cabelas frame. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
Still liking this. I am going to add a couple of support points in middle. I should say I am going to have someone else sew them in because I am not good at it.

They aren’t necessary but they will help

revelized

FNG
Ive strapped my Dakine day pack to my frame before for a pack out and it worked great. Strapped all the meat in between just like they do with a stone glacier/EXO