Cabelas insulator jacket?

Medic727

FNG
Ive been looking at a budget puffy jacket for layering during a September elk archery hunt. Does anyone have any experience with the Cabelas insulator jacket? Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks

Don’t hesitate pull the trigger. As much as I hate Cabela’s now since Bass Pro took over that jacket is still the bomb. I’ve had the first one they made for years and it has held up great and is warmer than expected. I’ve put it through the ringer trust me. Not the best on the market but definitely worth every penny it’s priced at. I know a lot of guys like the Costco one for cheap but i have it also and it’s not nearly comparable in my opinion.

DVM92

FNG
I bought one on sale at Cabelas and used it all last season through December. I would agree with the post above, it is a great bargain, incredibly warm and light. The only negative is the outer material is a bit thin and I did get a small tear but overall a great value. Can't say the same for about 95% of the Bass Pro redhead gear.

Jimss

WKR
I'm not sure about the price of the Cabelas jacket but another option may be to watch for sales or the classified section of this website, camofire, craigslist, ebay, etc? I can always find bargain deals for about 1/2 off Kuiu and Sitka....which are tough to beat for quality! Older model Sitkas can often be picked up for chunk change! Do a web search and look for jackets with great ratings. I'm sure the jacket you mentioned likely has ratings on Cabelas website...that may be another place to check out?

RubyRize

FNG
Ive been looking at a budget puffy jacket for layering during a September elk archery hunt. Does anyone have any experience with the Cabelas insulator jacket? Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks
It’s great! ONLY weakness is that it doesn’t pack up super small, otherwise I love it