Cabelas Krotos and CX Pro Spotters 50% off

Interesting. Is CX Pro and Krotos the same? If so the angled 15-45 is more than straight. Also curious if the Athlon reticle would work.

Last edited:
OP
MThuntr

MThuntr

WKR
According to questions asked in the products they are the same scopes just a model name change. For some reason the CX Pro is $50 more than the Krotos for the straight 15-45x.

Peregrine1

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks for the heads up..I owned a Krotos previously and sold it regrettably, so I jumped on this.

I used cabelas promo code CLUBVIP21 online but it only removed additional 10% when I entered my cabelas/bass pro club credit card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks! Was hoping to find a deal on a spotter. Used the AJ, VIP code and points! Hopefully will work well for what I need

Has anyone compared the 15-45 to the 20-60? It seems like the 15-45 is much more popular. I also think the CX pro model will accept the Athlon 22X reticle. Not sure about the Krotos but I’m assuming no.

Firehawk

WKR
This is a good deal. Hopefully Cabelas will honor their warranty as that has been a little suspect lately, but eventually they made it right for me.

The scope has a really nice image and is pretty light and compact.

OP
MThuntr

MThuntr

WKR
This is a good deal. Hopefully Cabelas will honor their warranty as that has been a little suspect lately, but eventually they made it right for me.

They come with a 1 year warranty from date of purchase with receipt...they no longer honor a lifetime warranty and since the manufacturer is technically not disclosed the Athlon Lifetime Warranty is not valid.
Screenshot 2021-11-19 090820.jpg

Does your model have the removable eye piece? I think the Krotos doesn’t but the CX does but it’s hard to tell.

Firehawk

WKR
Does your model have the removable eye piece? I think the Krotos doesn’t but the CX does but it’s hard to tell.
I had the Krotos. I don't remember, but don't think it did. I replaced mine after the issue with my warranty at Cabelas, and went with a Maven CS.1 instead. Honestly, the Krotos/Athlon is right there with the Maven. This deal is really good, but the warranty kind of stinks now. Too bad.

I had the Krotos. I don't remember, but don't think it did. I replaced mine after the issue with my warranty at Cabelas, and went with a Maven CS.1 instead. Honestly, the Krotos/Athlon is right there with the Maven. This deal is really good, but the warranty kind of stinks now. Too bad.
Thank you! What issues did you have with the spotter if you don’t mind me asking?

OP
MThuntr

MThuntr

WKR
Honestly, the Krotos/Athlon is right there with the Maven.
i'm told they're similar because the Maven CS.1 is the Athlon with a different body coating.
Nevermind there are different but very similar

Firehawk

WKR
Thank you! What issues did you have with the spotter if you don’t mind me asking?
I had the objective lens come loose and it got dust inside. I am sure riding in the ATV didn't help, but I have never had an issue with any other optics before. But inside a pocket on the ATV, with the neoprene cover, wrapped up in a puffy jacket is where it rode. I was cleaning everything up after getting back home and noticed it. I was surprised that he scope I had purchased a couple years earlier, when the Cabela's brand warranty was lifetime, was needing warranty work. I was happy to send it in, but they couldn't even tell me where to send it. Then I asked them to replace it and they wouldn't do it. Said that they would give me $125 for it. I told them to pound sand. I went out to the parking lot, called Maven, ordered my new CS.1 and then later spoke with the store manager. He called me after I sent an email frustrated. He gave me a new one (just like the one pictured) eventually. He did the right thing. But the new one only had a one year warranty.

I never took it out of the box. I sold it to someone locally for about $250 and called it a learning experience.

Maven is definitely NOT the same scope.

Last edited:
I had the objective lens come loose and it got dust inside. I am sure riding in the ATV didn't help, but I have never had an issue with any other optics before. But inside a pocket on the ATV, with the neoprene cover, wrapped up in a puffy jacket is wear it rode. I was cleaning everything up after getting back home and noticed it. I was surprised that he scope I had purchased a couple years earlier, when the Cabela's brand warranty was lifetime, was needing warranty work. I was happy to send it in, but they couldn't even tell me where to send it. Then I asked them to replace it and they wouldn't do it. Said that they would give me $125 for it. I told them to pound sand. I went out to the parking lot, called Maven, ordered my new CS.1 and then later spoke with the store manager. He called me after I sent an email frustrated. He gave me a new one (just like the one pictured) eventually. He did the right thing. But the new one only had a one year warranty.

I never took it out of the box. I sold it to someone locally for about $250 and called it a learning experience.

Maven is definitely NOT the same scope.
Wow thank you for sharing!! The CS1 looks great except now it’s $800.. It still seems like the Ares is very similar to the Krotos if not the same.

Firehawk

WKR
The Ares is a really good scope and a strong warranty. My understanding is that the Krotos is the same scope. It is possible that when the Athlon was updated last year, that it is slightly different now, but I don't know for certain.

The Maven is a good scope as well, but the Ares holds its own against it in my opinion.

wakedye

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone needs a phone skope adapter for the 65 mm krotos I have one that hasn’t been used I’d sell at a discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk