Cabela's Meindl Perfekt Hunter Boot being Discontinued

wseidel

WKR
Just a heads up to those of you that like the Meindl Perfekt Hunter boots carried by Cabela's - they are being discontinued. I just ordered another pair of the Perfekt Hunter boots (w/400 gram thinsulate) this morning and the customer service provided by Cabela's was outstanding. Since they are no longer in stock nationally, they found a store in Minnesota that had a pair in my size and helped facilitate my purchase...with a 10% discount (which I asked for as a CLUB Member) and FREE shipping. I absolutely love the fit and support of both the Perfekt Hunter and the Perfekt Hiker as I have both of them. I use them for our seasonal landscape tree business as well as all my outdoor recreational hobbies so they get an intense workout. I'm not sure if they are being phased out entirely by Cabela's or if they'll be morphed into a new "model". Regardless, I didn't want to take the chance of not being able to secure another pair. I hope this information helps if you were contemplating a future purchase of the Meindl Perfekt Hunters (made in Germany)...act now.

i dont shop Cabelas too often these days but i have noticed the Meindls are often seasonal in which models are available. did you verify or was it just a phone person speculating?

BCsteve

WKR
Jim Shockey posted on Instagram just yesterday that he had just got a new pair of Meindl Perfect from Cabelas, his sponsor. Weird!?

OP
W

wseidel

WKR
Update: As the OP, I was told by two Cabela's customer service employee's (separate calls) and one store employee that the Perfekt Hunter was being discontinued. Again, it was not communicated if a new model was in the offing or if the Meindl Cabela agreement was being phased out. My interest was in sharing the news and to encourage those who liked this boot to consider making a purchase before they were all gone. Hope this helps...

ericF

WKR
I wondered about this as the Perfekt Hunters have completely disappeared from the website. I've been using 2 sets for 10 years and there was never a time when they weren't on the website. It looks like other models of Meindls have also disappeared and I'm guessing that is another thing that is getting pushed out by the BPS merger.

I wondered about this as the Perfekt Hunters have completely disappeared from the website. I've been using 2 sets for 10 years and there was never a time when they weren't on the website. It looks like other models of Meindls have also disappeared and I'm guessing that is another thing that is getting pushed out by the BPS merger.

That's a shame... I just recently got turned on to the "better boot scene", this was a boot I had been considering.

Agross

WKR
Man that sucks. I just discovered these boots about a year ago and absolutely love them. They just fit my foot

OP
W

wseidel

WKR
As the OP, I wanted to update that I just received my new boots today - same great Meindl quality. If you're still interested in this boot, Cabela's customer service agents may be able to help you locate a pair in your size in one of their stores (nationwide) - if any are still available. Certainly worth a try. Hope this helps.

ericF

WKR
As of right now I still see all the Meindl boots on Cabelas website.

There are quite a few missing from the website. The two most notable are the Perfekt Hunters and the Alaskan Hunters. in addition, the Denali's only have one size listed. I stopped by my local Cabelas yesterday down in Denver and the shoe salesman also said that they were discontinuing the Meindls when I asked him about the Perfekt Hunters.

bradb

WKR
Meindls did tell me the perfects are made exclusively for Cabelas but this model is very close(I am sure the same) Dovre Extreme MFS "wide" | Meindl - Shoes For Actives

They said available from Canada
BV Outdoor Essentials Ltd.

P.O. Box 9

V0J Smithers BC 2N0

Neiser Sales

Service & Rentals Ltd.

8079 Neiser Road

V0R Lake Cowichan, B.C. 2GO

River Sportsman

2115 Island Hwy

V9W Campell River B.C. 2G6

Fisher's Hardware

(1982) Ltd.

3300 Coldstream Avenue

V1T Vernon, British Columbia 1X9

Alpine Start Outfitters

Stephen Im

68 West Broadway

V5Y Vancouver, BC 1P2

Joint Force Tactical -

Receiving

7 - 45575 Keith Wilson Road

V2R Chilliwack, BC 0M6

I just bought a pair of Perfekt Hikers in Reno on Jan 8. They had Perfekt Hunters on display as well. The clerk knew nothing about them being discontinued. He thought maybe they had changed them slightly.....which they have. They are now pre-waxed and of course darker in color. Same boot as my last pair though.

Anyway, I am stocked up on both Hikers and Hunters for the next dozen years. Like them too much to change to something else.

Found a pair of hunters at bass pro today size 12. They feel great. Insulated model. Thanks for the recommendation and glad I got some before they were all gone. What insole do you all use?

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Man, that sucks! Love those boots. To bad you can't get real meindls in the states in brick and mortar.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk