Cabelas MT050 vs Sitka Incinerator

Does anyone have experience with both the Cabelas MT050 and the Sitka Ininerator. I would like to use as an outer layer for December Iowa deer hunting (windchill can be below zero) and for glassing elk in November Colorado at high elevations. I wouldn't be moving when wearing. Both appear to have a quite outer shell, gortex and plenty of insulation. How do they compare?

I own the older version MT050 bibs and coat. Bought about ten years ago. Can not walk in the suit as it is hotter than heck but can sit in the nastiest weather Mississippi has to offer. Teens with wind chills in the single digits. They changed the design about two years after I bought mine. I’ve only had mine on about three times but nice to have when I need it.

HuntNTag

WKR
Does anyone have experience with both the Cabelas MT050 and the Sitka Ininerator. I would like to use as an outer layer for December Iowa deer hunting (windchill can be below zero) and for glassing elk in November Colorado at high elevations. I wouldn't be moving when wearing. Both appear to have a quite outer shell, gortex and plenty of insulation. How do they compare?

I had both. I liked the incinerator for how soft and well thought out all the details were. However for the cost and warmth, I sold the incinerator and still have the MT050 from 2010. It’s a great bib and parka set that will keep you super warm in some harsh weather. I also had a Better experience when it came to rain and snow with the MT050. It was better in my opinion with the waterproofing and it was still quiet in the woods when you moved around.

I agree with what MrDrysdale said above as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had both and hands down the Incinerator is better in all aspects (except for price). The MT050 was heavier but not as warm. The pockets were better on the Incinerator, especially the bibs. I like how you could roll up the Incinerator bibs and jacket, but I am not sure you will be backpacking with this stuff. They are heavy and bulky. Also, I could walk around in the MT050 a bit, but no way could I not sweat and wear the Incinerator more than 100 yards.

The Incinerators are the warmest pieces of gear I own, period. I can't wait for the temps to drop even more here in Nevada so I can enjoy the fun is just wearing them.

OP
B
Thank you for the info. I run cold, so I definitely value warmth. Any thoughts on durability?