Cabelas woolmate or something else

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
I even sent my Sitka back for evaluation, Ha Ha. Not sure if it has the right insulation or wind block. Sitka says its OK, but the never looked inside. The Communist are know for substituting materials when they run out of what they are supposed to use. All I can say is my set is a dud. Same base andmid layers with Stand Hunter at 16 degrees and I am toasty. .
Ya sounds like something was wrong for sure. The only reason I don't like my woolmate is the bulk and weight. I pack most my clothing in for stand hunting and in some cases it is a few miles.

Seeknelk

WKR
Instead of packing all those clothes into a stand I'd try a Heater body suit. So cozy. I think their might be better ones out now too.

I always wear an old buffalo plaid (red/black or green black) wool shirt over base layers when I am out. It can be a little scratchy when its new but its durable and cuts the wind pretty well. A good resource for them can be eBay. You can usually catch one for around 25-40$. Be aware of measurements on them though, have been burned once or twice by a shirt that had been washed incorrectly.

I haven't had experience with Big Bill wool pants but they are 100% wool and they seem sturdy. I have worn Columbia Gallatin range wool pants for the last 12 years. They are great in the snow and warm - but heavy. You definitely feel them on your hips if you are going to be doing any amount of hiking.

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have any opinion on the matter, but the Wooltimate line-up from Cabelas is 77% polyester/23% wool.

Shraggs

WKR
I use a few pieces of wooltimste. Decent warmth great wind blocking.

Local deer hunting, I’m exclusively wool almost all is Filson. Agree with most. If it’s cold and windy, not enough wind block for me. I throw wooltimate vest w wind block over or good rain gear. Love real wool under rain gear as the wool tends to absorb normal perspiration unlike fleece where it will move perspiration to outer and eventually feels clammy.

Seeknelk

WKR
The heater bodysuit is insanely warm. Like sometimes you need to stick a bare arm out to see if it's still cold😁.
Bulky and you need to slip the shoulders out to shoot are the cons.

Northwest

FNG
I swear buy good ol wool. I go to Goodwill or whatever thrift store you have and load up on old man sweaters, even scored an alpaca sweater for $4 last year. Durability is an issue but who cares when it’s dirt cheap. I also have some Cabelas wool pants that do the deed.

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have any opinion on the matter, but the Wooltimate line-up from Cabelas is 77% polyester/23% wool.
You need to get the older Wooltimate—93% wool, I think it was made by or collaborated with Pendleton. I have 2 wool parkas and a set of bibs that are amazing although they are heavy. I see good stuff show up used on Facebook marketplace all the time…