cabelas wooltimate????

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been really looking at getting a set of either wooltimate or berber fleece from cabelas. anybody used these or have something better in the similar price range? 98% of my hunting is from a stand so no worries about weight or breathability(like for hiking). Thanks!

Agross

WKR
I love the wooltimate stuff. It's warm and quiet. It's not for walking long distances in and the little stickers and burdocks stick to it but for stand or blind hunting in the cold ,it's great . I have the pants and vest. I had the jacket but it didn't fit right and I sold it.

grfox92

WKR
I have the 3/4 zip hooded woooltimate and wear it from 50 down to the teens in the stand. Layer up some merino underneath and throw on the hood and you will be warm all day

Ive had the same hoody for over 5 years now. I would highly recommend it for stand hunting.

Hammer08

FNG
I’ve got the Berber fleece top and bottoms and I’ve never been cold in it wearing a heavyweight base layer. I’ve sat for hours in the teens/low 20’s with a strong wind. It blocks wind very well and is quiet enough for me. Does pick up burs rather easy. I don’t get a chance to wear it much because it doesn’t fit my style of hunting (too heavy and bulky to pack deep into public land). Got it on sale so it’s a good value for me.

If you’re a treestand hunter with a short walk I think you’d be happy with it.

i picked up a berber set last year when it was on sale because my late season clothing was not warm enough. if you don't mind the bulk or weight the stuff is awesome. super warm and completely silent, breaks the wind completely. if the windchill temp is going below freezing that's what i'm wearing. if i've got a long walk to my spot i'll pack it in. it's not the best in wet conditions because it will soak up water. 2 of the 4 deer i killed last year were shot in below freezing temperatures and i don't think i would have happened without that stuff.

LostArra

WKR
Another wooltimate fan here. For treestand use only. It has to be very cold and windy before I break out the pants and jacket. I wear the vest a lot.

Rumor has it that in the infinite wisdom of Bass Pro Shops/Cabelas the wooltimate line may be discontinued. If not discontinued then they will screw it up somehow to make it cheaper.

Murdy

WKR
If not discontinued then they will screw it up somehow to make it cheaper.

I would expect that for a lot of former Cabela's merchandise. Cabela's didn't make it and got bought out for a reason. Bass Pro didn't buy them to do the same thing that didn't work for Cabela's, they probably intend to push their own merchandise through Cabela's infrastructure, maybe with a Cabela's label on it.

I liked some of Cabela's stuff, and I'm not encouraged.

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
Another wooltimate fan here. For treestand use only. It has to be very cold and windy before I break out the pants and jacket. I wear the vest a lot.

Rumor has it that in the infinite wisdom of Bass Pro Shops/Cabelas the wooltimate line may be discontinued. If not discontinued then they will screw it up somehow to make it cheaper.

I checked out the website and they recently posted all of the items again and listed them as new. I was looking to purchase the vest back in the winter and they told me they were discontinued as well. Somebody was lying or they listened to customers complain and brought it back. I love the clothing but as others have said it really picks up the burrs.

OP
MadDawg

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome guys! thanks for all the replies! My mind was pretty much set anyway but it is now for sure:)

mcseal2

WKR
It is warm but WAY warm for walking into the stand. I don't ever put my jacket on until I'm at my stand location and cooled out a bit. Everything else I'd say about it has already been said. Good stuff for the right situation.

I checked out the website and they recently posted all of the items again and listed them as new. I was looking to purchase the vest back in the winter and they told me they were discontinued as well. Somebody was lying or they listened to customers complain and brought it back.

Cabela's "discontinues" products on their website between iterations. I'm guessing this most recent discontinuation was to eliminate all of the Wooltimate O2 Octane stuff from the system because a lot of the finer detail in the pattern doesn't translate to the Wooltimate fabric. All of the new catalogs that have been showing up in my mailbox now list Outfitter camo as the only pattern available for Wooltimate gear.

Snowtop

FNG
Looking for info on fit for Cabela’s Berber pants. I wear 36 pants and use 40x34 wooltimate they fits right over my clothes with room in the waist. They are a little tight in the thighs and calve area. But not to bad. The Berber are sold as small, medium, large and extra large. Do the large or extra large run big? I would only be wearing them over what I have on while hunting. Looking for a good fit but not tight so they a tough to get on in the stand or to loose that they baggy. Spoke to a rep from Cabela’s but she couldn't help with sizing. I don’t have a store near me that stock them to try them on. Thanks.

hayesplow

Lil-Rokslider
I have the jacket and really like it word of caution avoid stick tights while wearing it. its not the easiest piece of clothing to get them off of.

i tend to run very cold. ive used the wooltimate sweater and berber pants. they are just o.k. for me. the sweater has the windshear lining that helps but ive moved on to down for long sits. if you move around in these there kinda bulky and youll need to get a burrz off rock to get the seeds and stickers out.

Drenalin

WKR
Old thread, but here goes. How is the fit on this stuff…true to size, or size up?

I have the 3/4 zip hooded wooltimate top in large and it is true to size I would say. A little extra room in the torso which I like for some layers underneath. My only complaint is the wrist cuffs were a little tight. I left a nalgene in the cuffs over winter to stretch them a bit and that did the trick.