Cabelas Wooltimate

adamm88

WKR
For those that have cabelas wooltimate pants/jacket how cold could you sit for deer hunting with different layering? Also how does the jacket fit if you want to layer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BluMtn

WKR
I have the pants, zipup and pull over coats. With longs on and a heavy weight pullover shirt I have sat out on an open ridge with a slight breeze and -20 for several hours and was comfortable. Warm to walk in but once you get there you are good.

OP
A

adamm88

WKR
Is there a difference in thickness in the pullover jacket and zip up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
I have the jacket and parka. The parka is good down to as cold as earth gets. The jacket is good to 20's with minimal layering....I run cold.

wyosteve

WKR
I have a pullover and while I haven't used it sitting, a few years ago, I wore it in -9 with 20 mph wind pheasant hunting and it kept me comfortable.

BluMtn

WKR
The pull over is the warmer of the two. The jacket will leak cold through the zipper, but you will be comfortable in either one.

How is noise level with these pieces? I have found most of my gear is a little squeaky for calm bowhunting distances.
Would these pieces be acceptable for calm/quiet days bowhunting?

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
How is noise level with these pieces? I have found most of my gear is a little squeaky for calm bowhunting distances.
They're silent... it's a wool/fleece blend.

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
I am used to hunting in cold conditions here in Wis. When I decided to head to northern Alberta, I knew I would need to prepare differently.

I hunted out of tripod or ladder stands open to the elements all day for 10-11 hours hours in weather that got down to below 10 deg F. I hunted for 6 days. On the first trip I had the Cabelas woolimite coveralls. Definitley not lite but held up very well to the winds and extreme cold temps. I had multiple layers and a puffy vest which allowed for more arm movement. The hood really helped reduce heat loss for extended sits.

Second trip I tried the Cabelas MT050 Extreme Whitetail Gore-tex parke and bibs. Had good results also. the advantage with jacket & bibs is that I could strap my jacket to my pack on the way in and reduce over heating getting to my stand.

Both were very quiet. I would give the edge to the woolimite in warm for long stand sits extreme cold.

When checking it out in store I though it was kind of loud. I’ve heard they changed them up at some point, maybe when Bass Pro bought Cabelas. People say the old kind was better and quieter.

Jusldavi

FNG
Love my wooltimate gear. Only complaint is I wish the pants side zipper was the full length of the leg. Hard to get on over boots.

Agross

WKR
I have the pants and the vest. Absolutely love em and wear em all the time in colder temps. I had the jacket but sold it as it was too short, and I’m not a tall guy. Wind would blow up my back. Believe the parka and pullover run a little longer.

Hondo

WKR
My pullover is longer than my jacket and with the hood and shorter zipper the pullover is the warmer of the two. The fabric weight seems the same though.

BTW, the later generation vests and jackets run a longer the the early ones in my experience.

grfox92

WKR
I wore the hoody down to single digits. Killed alot of deer in that wooltimate hoody. It's over 10 years old and is still windproof.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hucker

Lil-Rokslider
I have the parka and bibs. Both great. I stand hunt in NY down below zero. Can sit for hours.

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
Used a merino base, a mid layer fleece and the Wooltimate coat and pants in northern Alberta hunting whitetails in 2015 and 2016. 9 hour hunts sitting still in temps down to -10F. I never once got close to cold, and that says something having spent my life living in Texas and not being conditioned to that weather. My only complaint is how easy the clothes pick up grass burrs, seeds, etc. but that’s a small price to pay for comfort.