WTS Cabelas Zonz Western (discontinued) Rain Gear, button down shirt, BDU pants - Like New

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I bought this set for western hunting in the sage and open prairies, used it for a few days then put it back in the closet. I then lost a bunch of weight and none of it fits any longer. No rips, stains or any other damage and it could pass as new. For reference when I was wearing this, it fit well with a layer or two underneath on my 6'4" frame at 240 lbs. All of it is a true "tall" length which Cabelas was pretty much the only show in town for true tall sizing of hunting clothes.

Descriptions on each garment as follows. The pattern worked EXTREMELY well where I was antelope hunting in WY!

Cabelas Rain Suede Packable Jacket and Pants 4MOST DRY-PLUS (Size XL Tall on the jacket and pants): Very quiet and performed well in the brief hunt when I used them.
$110 shipped for the set

165582.jpg

165583.jpg

165584.jpg

Cabelas heavy cotton canvas-style button down shirt in size XL Tall
$28 shipped
165586.jpg

Cabelas heavy cotton BDU-style cargo pocket hunting pants with drawstring cuffs, button pockets, in size 40 tall.
$30 shipped
165585.jpg

Payment shall be PayPal F&F or add 3%, Venmo or USPS money order. Buy it all and I'll sell it for $150 shipped.

Here's a good write-up of the rain gear:

https://manmakesfire.com/cabelas-rain-suede-review-jacket-pants/

Cabela’s Rain Suede Review: Breathability
Because hunting is often an active endeavor, you’re going to be generating body heat and releasing a lot of water vapor — if not outright sweating. If your rain jacket is, say, made of plastic or rubber, which is not breathable, you could shed 100% of the outside water but still end up wet. How? Your sweat and released water vapor will get trapped underneath your jacket. A lot of guys think their rain gear is leaking when this happens, but often it’s just a build up of sweat and water vapor that hasn’t made it through a breathable barrier.

The Cabela’s Rain Suede Parka and Pants use a waterproof, breathable 4MOST DRY-PLUS membrane, which is similar to how GORE-TEX works.

These membranes release water vapor, which is fantastic, but hunters should understand that at any time they start working heavily, ramping up their body heat and sweating, they can overwhelm the ability of any waterproof breathable membrane to shed as much moisture as their own body is producing. You can wear wicking base layers, of course, but still — if you’re climbing up a mountain, you should understand that you’ll be fighting moisture from the outside and from the inside, too.

The Cabela’s 4MOST DRY-PLUS membrane seems to work pretty well. I try not to put myself in situations where I’m sweating heavily underneath my rain gear, but I’ve been able to be reasonably active without getting too humid underneath the parka and pants. One more note, the Rain Suede Parka and Pants are not completely windproof — so for cold season use, you’ll want a warm base layer. (more at link above)

OP
T

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Price drops:
Cabelas Rain Suede Packable Jacket and Pants 4MOST DRY-PLUS (Size XL Tall on the jacket and pants):
$100 shipped for the set Sold

Cabelas heavy cotton canvas-style button down shirt in size XL Tall
$SPF

Cabelas heavy cotton BDU-style cargo pocket hunting pants with drawstring cuffs, button pockets, in size 40 tall.
$25 shipped

Last edited: