Cabin fever season is banning season

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, everything I think i’ve seen but the continued pestering of the boss, that just shocks me some, just take your blankie and go home people.
It’s funny, if we warn someone on a thread, I’ve had them send me bible-long PMs to justify their reasons. I answer them on the thread “all good, let it go, let’s move on, etc” and it makes them mad that I don’t respond to the PM but if I do, I never get anything done! The worst offenders seem to have unlimited time to argue over split hairs or whatever.

Sometimes just have to warn people to let it go, don’t worry about it, etc. even if they’re right as we got better things to do than let these rants build to 50 pages of nothingness.

We don’t all have to agree. That’s the big takeaway I’ve learned in 10 years of running this place. And that I’m not always right, either.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Strike one, removal of WKR status and replaced with snivling bitch.

Food for thought.
If I see WKR turn to WSB on me, I'll know why. Having already lost my marbles, I'm guessing I could be in danger and should start being more careful.

Dobermann

WKR
And if you're genuinely not sure if you've crossed a line, perhaps drop Robby a respectful PM.

I self-reported to Robby last week because I was tired of someone on here making jibes and generally being a bit rude - but then I made fun of them, thus sinking to the gutter with them.

Got my concience clear with Robby, cleaned up my post, and moved on.

Good for the soul.

But maybe save it for the times where you do really think you might have overstepped the line and need to check. :)

Rob5589

WKR
Trying to turn Rokslide into Survivor where there are votes on who gets kicked off because you don't agree with them? That is a proposal right up their with complaints about microaggressions. The icing on the cake is the need to state,

Even though no one said your feelings were hurt.
Screenshot_20220303-184538.png

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
The mods are an extension of Robby and act on deligated authority from him. If you think one of them is out of line and discrediting that authority, you should make a case to him and respect his decision. Publicly whining about it is disrespectful. If you do not like how he keeps his house, voting with your feet is a more dignified option. So is just having the stones to start the petition and see where it goes. Dipping a toe in to whine is just obnoxious, following that with threats of leaving and bravodo about not getting ones feeling hurt makes it even more so.

Pure democracy is really just mob rule. I am a huge fan of constitutional rupublics (like the US) though. However, I'm not fool enough to think that is the answer to every human interaction. But, bringing democracy up was really just a red herring argument on your part.

Ya know boss. I don't like that dude over there. We ought to round up the crew and go tell him how i don't like him. Sounds like some hunttalk.com kinda stuff. Not my cup of tea. But I don't really drink tea all that much.

This thread just got a lot shorter and our membership decreased by one.
You're doing a great job at keeping this place clean and enjoyable to be around, Robby! Thank you.

I've been dealing with an endless supply of trolls in my day job lately and it's a breath of fresh air to be able to come on here and not deal with *as much* of it.