Cabinet Mountains Wilderness goat

Went in with a bit of snow on the ground and it looked like a storm was coming. Just hoped we could see in there.

Strine001.jpg

Hopes were high if it stayed like this.

Strine003.jpg

Not for long. Got camp set up and it rolled in. Wind came up and started blowing snow.

Strine005.jpg

Woke up to this. Ten inches of new snow and no visibility and it wasn't going to change soon.

Strine007.jpg

Strine020.jpg

Came back in a couple days later hoping we could finally see a bit better. It wasn't bad, but there were long periods where you could not see 50-100 yards. Still had a great time.

Saw a pine martin which was pretty neat. No goats this week. Hope my buddy makes it back before he gets snowed out completely. I was hoping to see a big old muley buck back there! Sure beautiful and rugged country.

David

OP
6mm Remington
Here are some more photos.

Strine009.jpg

Better a couple days later.

Strine014.jpg

Strine031.jpg

Strine030.jpg

Strine024.jpg

Tough seeing goats when it kept us in the clouds. Still had a great time. Wish we could have seen some.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome photos 6mm, but sorry to hear about the poor visibility. That's the trouble with hunting critters in the high country I guess...there can be animals everywhere, but if you can't see them its awfully hard to hunt. How long is your tag open? Good luck on your goat and hope for better weather the next time around. Stay safe out there!!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome stuff!! I know that neck of the woods well and looks familiar to my first week across the Clark Fork!!! That isn't up around Lake Wanless is it? Good luck on the hunt come November, the weather has to get better!!!!!

maverick

Lil-Rokslider
Keep at it. I got mine back in 1992 on Nov. 12th in crotch deep snow in the Mission Mtn Wilderness. All my other trips except one in September were low to no visability.

OP
6mm Remington
Awesome stuff!! I know that neck of the woods well and looks familiar to my first week across the Clark Fork!!! That isn't up around Lake Wanless is it? Good luck on the hunt come November, the weather has to get better!!!!!

Close, really close to it!