Cable slide almost came off at full draw

Recluse

FNG
Picked up a used target bow. I backed the limb bolts out 6 full turns. At full draw, the cable slide almost came off the rod! It was nearly about to fly off. I had to press the bow to get it back on

This bow is supposed to be able to be backed out 10 turns. So I don't think I overdid the limb bolts?

Could the strings be stretched ? I have no idea their age

wayoh22

WKR
If you bought it used there's the potential scenario where the previous owner could have turned the limb bolts x amount of times.

OP
Recluse

Recluse

FNG
If you bought it used there's the potential scenario where the previous owner could have turned the limb bolts x amount of times.
The limb bolts do look backed out a lot. How does that cause this issue ?

wayoh22

WKR
I'm not sure. Not that experienced in the tuning world. Whenever I have bought a used bow in the past I always bring it to get checked and put new strings on it. Always a cheap insurance policy for me

You really need to first look up factory specs, then check to see if the bow is in them.

Most cable guards have a fair amount of extra length, could be for some reason this one was changed, which sounds like is what the problem must be. Letting either string or cables out would shorten the BH. If either were to creep, that's the direction they would go.

Could be wrong limbs installed on the bow too. Many companies have limbs of same dimensions except length, so longer limbs would cause the problem.

Check specs first, find out if or where it's off.