Cables 1HP carnivore grinder ?

Elite

WKR
Hey everyone. I am looking at buying a new grinder and seen the 1HP carnivore is on sale at cables. I am wondering if these are worth the money or if I should be looking else where for that kind of money?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JakeSCH

WKR
Mine has been excellent and definitely worth the money. I have put over 500 lbs through it over the last couple of years and still seems brand new.

Use Rakuten for cash back and / or raise for gift cards (i think you can only use a max of 5 for a single online order but i would verify) to save more money.

pirogue

WKR
I think u made the right choice. Bought one 1 1/2 years ago. Glad that is what I picked.

go_deep

WKR
I bought one nearly 20 years ago. I have literally put several tons of meat through it, still going strong!

Mine is 10 deer season in averaging 4 deer per year. Only this year did i start to feel it bog and the motor smelled a little. If it died tomorrow i wouldn’t regretted the purchase. Heck i wouldnt have regretted the purchase 6 years ago if it died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJMoody

FNG
Some may laugh but, we burned up two Cabelas grinders in one year(it was a good year). After the second went T/U, I grabbed an old $10 yard sale hand-crank meat grinder, undid the bolt holding the handle on, found another bolt in my stockpile that was threaded the same and tack welded a 4” chunk off of a concrete/drywall mixing paddle to the bolt head. Then I chucked it up in my 1/2” drill I used to mix buckets of concrete. Using the drill as the motor, we had a hard time keeping the hopper filled with meat to grind! That was 7 or 8 years ago and it’s still going strong...

manitou1

WKR
We have used ours for about 5-6 years, a lot.
I think I could run my mother-in-law through there, shoes and all without stalling it. Not that the thought ever crossed my mind. 🥴

keller

WKR
I bought a 1hp cabelas grinder. Washed it up ground 30lbs of meat.their was a white grease like substance where the auger went into"gearbox".instructions said call repair place don't take back to cabelas.cleaned grease out ground another 50 lbs meat.more grease in same area.call repair place.your gearbox seal is leaking.take it back to cabelas.call cabelas. Not sure we can do anything for you.just bring it in we will look at it.3 hr drive to cabelas. Took it back they refunded but would not replace.I'm going to buy a lem from scheels now.they have customer service....and the cabelas grinder was just over 40 days of purchase date.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a Cabelas Commercial 1HP grinder for over 10 years now. I have probably put 30-40 deer through it. I have zero complaints. Like it was said above; if it died tomorrow I would not regret the purchase. The thing grinds meat faster than I can feed it.

I bought a LEM grinder years ago on sale. If I recall its a 1 hp #22 Big bite. No problems with it. Grinds faster than I can keep it fed. I also bought a 5 lb stuffer. The stuffer worked great but wasnt big enough for bigger sausage runs so last week I bought a LEM 15 lb stuffer. I use the grinder for grinding and filling 1 or 2 lb ground meat bags And bulk sausage in the meat bags.

Last edited: