California introduces bill to ban Bear Hunting

Azone

WKR
Maybe BHA will step up and help like they did for Colorado and the wolves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
10 cents outta every micro brewed pint will help sponsor a disadvantaged black bear cub that’s been a victim of the fallout stemming from European colonization.😀
Colorado is screwed, might as well just change its name to East California.

The state not only is prohibiting CA residents to hunt, but also non-residents! Our FEDERAL tax dollars pay for opportunities to enjoy FEDERAL land and whats on it!! Its not their land or right to say what we can and cant do on it. Its our land for our whole nation to enjoy. Maybe that argument could be used to overturn all the illegal hunting bans in CA.
The federal government doesn't have anything to do with the states game populations. Our federal dollars do pay for opportunities to enjoy federal lands but NOT the game that resides on it, the state holds that right. Land rights and game rights are mutually exclusive. No that arguement cannot overturn anything.
This video should explain things much better than I can.

Last edited:

7-Pointers

Lil-Rokslider
If you live in Ca stop what you are doing and write your local representatives. I just did it and it takes all of 10 minutes. I don’t even hunt bears but this needs to be stopped. They will keep coming after us if they get this crap through.

Surprisingly (or maybe not so surprising) the main author of this bill is from San Francisco. Only bears they have there are.....uh, never mind.

Write your local reps! Put it in terms these dipshits can understand.
-We currently manage bears using hunters with input from state biologists.
-Bear populations are doing very good right now.
-Passing this reduces recreational opportunity.
-Reduces revenue from hunting licenses/tags.
-The state will incur the expense to trap/manage bears.
If you live in CA and read Rokslide you've really don't have an excuse not to find your representative here, http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/ and send both your representative and senator a message telling them how much you oppose this bill.

You don't need to change their mind with some huge essay, just share how YOU feel. Some of these politicians really don't know how many of their constituents feel this way or that, they need to hear from you even to be aware of how much support/anger they would get for voting certain ways. They'll get the message that if you feel strong enough to take the initiative to write to them out of the blue, you're damn sure showing up at the polls on election day as well.

Rodéo

WKR
If you live in CA and read Rokslide you've really don't have an excuse not to find your representative here, http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/ and send both your representative and senator a message telling them how much you oppose this bill.

You don't need to change their mind with some huge essay, just share how YOU feel. Some of these politicians really don't know how many of their constituents feel this way or that, they need to hear from you even to be aware of how much support/anger they would get for voting certain ways. They'll get the message that if you feel strong enough to take the initiative to write to them out of the blue, you're damn sure showing up at the polls on election day as well.
Ditto this comment. It's the first thing I did when I saw the news. I still feel pessimistic about the chances of this bill being stopped but at least I tried and will spread awareness so my politicians know where I stand.

OkayestHNTR

Lil-Rokslider
The federal government doesn't have anything to do with the states game populations. Our federal dollars do pay for opportunities to enjoy federal lands but NOT the game that resides on it, the state holds that right. Land rights and game rights are mutually exclusive. No that arguement cannot overturn anything.
This video should explain things much better than I can.

I think the logic is you won’t be able to enjoy your federal lands in CA because they will be over run with bear. If I recall they closed part of Lassen in 2020 due to an aggressive bear (don’t quote me alone on that though).

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk Pro

Thanx for posting that link. I live in Bakersfield which is said to be the most conservative town in Cali. so my reps already oppose most everything the liberals do anyway, but I sent them the message anyway.

Chordeiles

Lil-Rokslider
As a NR, I don’t know how much I can help. I sent an email to Sportsmen’s Alliance, with the link provided. I’m not a member(or fan) of BHA, but I’ll email them as well.

Travis907

WKR
Left wings doing what they do best, controlling by any means necessary!

Let your voice be heard in any platform you can. Like others have said, start with contacting your state Representative and Senator asking them to stop this bill before it gets traction! Everyone who’s against this bill needs to step up and let their voice be heard! Flood their offices with calls and emails!

philcox

WKR
Just adding my voice to this topic. I have posted on FB and Instagram. This word needs to get out. My representatives know that if they don't make a big ruckus about this, they won't be getting another vote from me.

philcox

WKR
I was about to post “if you live in California you need to......” and then I got lost thinking why anyone still lives in California.
Not sure where you live, but your state is destined for the same thing. Why? Because Californians are leaving CA (being replaced by folks from outside US, so demand is still high), and they are bringing their politics with them. Just look at TX, AZ, and ID ... in 5-10 years, they will be "Blue" too, and CA laws will dictate yours (look at NV as an example of a once free state, now dominated by ex-Californians).

All this to say, "it ain't a CA problem, it is a US problem" and if we don't stand together, we will surely fall apart. In reality, the end may already be written, but we can always fight for what we believe.

Reading the text of this bill, I see some good points 👍
All the incorrect pronouns are being changed in the Fish & Game Code. This of course is a huge issue here in Kali, I’m so happy this injustice is finally being corrected.B455458A-6721-4060-94D3-60EFB0262774.jpeg

polemtn

FNG
When you contact your representative, point out that hunting is an affordable way for CA minorities and financially disadvantaged to get a large amount of lean protein in their diet. It's unfair that Senator Weiner of San Francisco is using his white privelege to deprive them of this healthy diet option.

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
We went through a similar thing up here in BC a few years back and lost our Grizzly Bear hunt. It was nothing more than political horse trade between two leftist parties to guarantee them each a piece of the pie and had nothing to do with science, sound game management or endangerment of the species. To be honest, we BC hunters and our guide outfitting industry could not unite and did a horrible job at fighting the ban.

Keep up the fight. It doesn't matter what state province or country these closures/bans happen in. Every loss to hunters is a huge gain in momentum for the anti's.

DSC

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
For California Residents:
Click here to find your state representative and contact them. In addition to contacting your representative, leave a comment here. Input from CA residents absolutely weigh more, so please, urge every sportsman and woman you know to do the same.

For Non-Residents:
Click here to leave your comment. Don't be discouraged about comments from CA-residents carrying more weight, they will notice an influx of comments. Getting their attention is exactly what we need!

You do not need to be a California resident to leave a comment. If you have any trouble give us a shout and we'll help best we can.

One last note, please remain professional and courteous when leaving your comments/contacting your representative.

(edited to remove the comment about the need to register)

Last edited:
If anyone has good links of places to send feedback for this feel free to post up. I'm going to tell whoever will listen even though I don't live in CA.

When you contact your representative, point out that hunting is an affordable way for CA minorities and financially disadvantaged to get a large amount of lean protein in their diet. It's unfair that Senator Weiner of San Francisco is using his white privelege to deprive them of this healthy diet option.
This actually isn't too far from the truth. It reeks of "let them eat cake."