California D6

Jusgunn3

Lil-Rokslider
Wanted to head out this weekend since the forest is open for day use. Problem is all the campgrounds are showing closed online. Anyone heading out? Might get a hotel I guess...

OP
J

Jusgunn3

Lil-Rokslider
How’s the weather out there? Going to be up there this weekend, going to camp in the non danger burn area.

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
we went out this weekend , surprisingly busy. I was shocked at the amount of guys driving 3 hours to hunt for the morning , then drive back home .

OP
J

Jusgunn3

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I was afraid of that. Discouraging a little but man I need to get out in the woods. See any good bucks? Bears?

Soj51hopeful

Lil-Rokslider
I went out today. Hiked my tail off into new to me country. Saw 2 does and boot tracks. Made it up to 8800’. Pretty Smokey in the morning.

OP
J

Jusgunn3

Lil-Rokslider
I was curious about how the smoke was, glad you got out! Anyone camping? We’re you in the high or moderate fire areas?

OP
J

Jusgunn3

Lil-Rokslider
Went out this weekend and put in 10 miles up too 9200ft. Bumped two does and saw 4 hunters and a hiker. Some bear tracks but never found anything. Super smoky made it hard to glass 😫 also very dry up there.

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
bear sign was every where , but didn't see one . Found a few deer but no shooters . hiking around the 6500 to 8500 ranges . Heard a couple shots fired , but haven't seen anything worth shooting . 2020 is a odd freaking year

OP
J

Jusgunn3

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like we might get some rain Friday, going to head back out there!

daddywagz

FNG
You fellows end up connecting with anything in D6? I hunted the high country, backpacked in. Finally found a couple of bucks, but lost them. Learned a bit about some of that country.

daddywagz

FNG
Heck, I've hunted D6 three seasons now, haven't had any luck. I often get a buck in B zone. But I'm determined to figure out D6. I love that part of the Sierra, and it's closer to home.

OP
J

Jusgunn3

Lil-Rokslider
I chased a forky around for an hour and eventually lost him. Weekend before in a different are I bumped a 4x4 and a 3x3 😞 47 yards and I couldn’t get a shot through the trees. Good learning experience and got some good spots for next year!