California D6

daddywagz

FNG
Nice! At least you're seeing bucks and learning terrain. This was actually my first year actually finding a couple of bucks in D6. Went back the weekend after and realized and tried to catch them in the same spot. They never showed but followed their tracks and figured that they were probably heading towards the water that was 100 yards off to the left of my classing spot, but the steep hill blocked them from my view. Live and learn, right?

Western_hunter87

Lil-Rokslider
Wanted to head out this weekend since the forest is open for day use. Problem is all the campgrounds are showing closed online. Anyone heading out? Might get a hotel I guess...
dispersed camping... anywhere off the trail or road in nation forrest. Thats what where i always camp. Dont waste time at the campground unless you need a toilet to poop in. Drive down a dirt road in the forrest and find a spot big enough and boom. campsite

Went up this weekend to set up some cameras in an area I've been successful at in the past. Between 8k-9k feet, had to cross a ton of small streams that have been nonexistent in the past, the ground was pretty mushy in a lot of areas and walked over a few pockets of snow, and plenty of new ponds formed as well. Noticed new growth vegetation was not as tall as it normally is this time of year as well, assuming the snowpack held that off a bit longer. Saw plenty of sign and no other hikers so that was a win. We'll see what the cameras turn up, usually there are a few nice bucks and then by the time the season rolls around they disappear. Amazing what a winter with some real snow can do that area.