California Deer Association

Chandler10e

Is anyone on here a member or past member of the California Deer Association? I've been looking at different conservation groups that work specifically here in California to support and I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the CDA and if they felt their membership and fees paid were being put to use or not.

Cplace

Can’t say, other than they put on great dinners. I will say someone needs to be looking out for the deer here in CA, because like everything else the state sure is f-ing it up.

OutHeavy

I can't speak to the CDA, but being a native Californian I can tell you that I support the Mule Deer Foundation and have been a member for awhile. IMHO the CDFW isn't doing enough to manage the deer herds in CA appropriately, so I opted to support an organization that took a broader view of deer and habitat conservation across the West and also recognized blacktail deer in their overarching goals. I think the MDF is doing a good job of managing member contributions and investing in the future of hunting. You want your hard earned dollars to benefit something you believe in, so take this as just my own opinion and know that I can appreciate the process in your decision making.

Warmsy

I'm curious, too. I'm considering joining cbhsaa. I would like to give money to an organization kicking butt

68Plexi

I’ve only supported the CDA for a year, but they were quick to lobby, successfully, against SB 252, the San Francisco initiated CA bear hunting ban. The bear population in CA is at a 30 year high so it’s in our deer herds best interest to allow bears to be taken.

Happy with them so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msuplita

I have been a member in the past. Only because I enjoy the local banquet. I don’t have much food or bad to say.
I am the chair for the Chico Chapter of California Waterfowl Association. We’d be happy to have you come help the ducks…
Side note, I’ve actually seen some cool projects that RMEF has done in California.

kickemall

CDA seems to be a good organization. They put out a magazine that highlights their projects with where and how much money is being spent. As said above they were quick to lobby against the bear ban also. If you can get ahold of one of their mags I think it would help convince you to join.