California hog hunting

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
Man I have hunted multiple public land areas in search for hogs in Cali, and only seen hogs one or 2 times on 2 of the lands. They seem to be everywhere on private but hard to come by public. Does anyone know of any public land or fairly inexpensive hunts in cali to try my luck on.

LineandBuck

Lil-Rokslider
From Redding, spent some time in Exeter, now in so cal. I was trying to get the name of this ranch my father in law hunts near Kingsburg but he hasn't returned my call, I think its pretty reasonable.

The public land in central California is pretty scarce, I would find a rancher that will let you work some weekends in trade for a pig.

ztrusky

FNG
Lake sonoma has an archery only hunt late Nov to end of March. It's actually pretty ok for public land in the first couple of weeks. 800 or so hunters buy tags. Of you stick it out there's lots of potential. I work near there still but love far away so I dont have much time to hunt it anymore. Pm me and I will give you places to check. Tags are $30 and can be bought at west coast archery shop in Petaluma. .

Firewater

FNG
There’s alot of public areas in the Central Valley, the problem is the pressure from other hunters.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
The hogs are gone from the lake Sonoma area. I have a couple friends with large ranches adjoining the lake and west of the lake that used to be loaded with hogs. They have not seen one or any sign in a few years now.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Ive killed many hogs in CA, only one on public land (and in a Wilderness area) and that took me oh about 5 years chasing them, setting up trail cameras, etc. I just didnt give up but never again, stick to deer hunting here way easier haha. But really, all the public spots for pigs you can find with a quick google search, there are def no secrets or honey holes. The problem is public land pigs move A LOT, you can find fresh sign on a Tuesday and they are already 10 miles away. They are extremely smart and dont leave private ground very often and unfortunately land owners charge 1000 bucks to shoot a nuisance invasive species.