California Hunters? Where you at?

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
Santa Rosa here, have hunted D5 the last few years, looking to mix it up and pack into B zone this year if I don’t draw X3B.
Just curious, how did you like hunting D5? I have heard there are bigger bucks in d3-5 than b zone.

Flazer

FNG
Just curious, how did you like hunting D5? I have heard there are bigger bucks in d3-5 than b zone.
D3-5 is very crowded. 35,000 tags. Bucks may be bigger because they're mule deer instead of blacktail.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Good bear population, I know there are some big bucks up there for sure but the deer numbers are definitely down in the last 5 years. Most places it’s hard to get away from the roads.

Recently relocated to Fresno. Originally grew up in Vacaville hunting North A, G1, D3-5. Excited to start figuring out all the new country surrounding me. I have a lot of scouting to do this summer.

Grew up and usually hunt out of Redding but, living in Santa Rosa. I’ll get a B tag for sure, planning to pack into the Yolla bollys this season and if I can get access to something local I’d love to get an A tag and be able to show my 2 year old a buck on the ground.

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
Ukiah CA. Lucky enough to have a couple of small tracts of private land to hunt with my posse. I've hosted many out of town folks who are blown away at how difficult these deer are to hunt.

Bolo4u

FNG
Butte County, of the Oroville Dam spillway and Camp Fire notoriety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bitbckt

Lil-Rokslider
Roughly 1/10 Americans reside in California, and although its run by dingdongs , there are many who whackum and stackum.. Backpacking is always a great option.

And (without passing judgement based on this fact) about 50% of the population west of the Mississippi is in CA.

B zone here.

GCC79

FNG
Sonoma here. I usually hunt B zone but this year I am trying out some private land in A zone. I also drew a Surprise Valley antelope tag.

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
Sonoma here. I usually hunt B zone but this year I am trying out some private land in A zone. I also drew a Surprise Valley antelope tag.
That's awesome. How did you get the access? I need some ideas because public land in A zone is terrible.