California Hunters? Where you at?

Totoro

WKR
Damn, can't believe I missed this thread.

Work in SF, home in Nevada County.

Have gun/ammo/gear and will travel.

Doing a deep country hunt in D6 this year.

This thread got me stoked! I thought I was one of the only ones left in CA. Bay Area resident. Bow or rifle. Have good boots/attitude and will travel.

HbDane

WKR
Socal hunter here, I live in Wildomar been hunting for about 10 years. 100% agree with previous posts about the poor wildlife management of this state. An area I hunt had 6 different cats occupying it last year. Not only were the deer numbers down but those cats looked extremely starved when caught on camera and in person.

California San Luis Obispo county, A-zone here. I hunt wild pigs, turkey, ducks, and black tail primarily. I guide a fair amount for an outfit, I primarily guide wild pigs with some bison, turkeys, tule elk, and deer mixed in.
Who do you guide for?

Grisha

Lil-Rokslider
East Bay as well - Contra Costa county. Mostly after deer, pigs and waterfowl in state. Experience low and unfortunately hard to get time off work...

Last edited:

jbane9

FNG
Live in Monterey County. I’ll be chasing deer and bear in B and possibly D with my bow this year. Then off to Idaho and New Mexico. I’m always up for sharing camp with another backpack archery hunter

NoBadP17

FNG
Hoping to get this back up and running for this season! Just moved up to El Dorado Hills temporarily. I have an AO tag this year and am hoping to pick up a bear tag too. Would LOVE a partner to schlep around the hills with during the week!

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Huntington Beach and brother in Thousand Oaks……hardcore, usually with 2-3 tags annually.