California Inland Blacktail Rut - Questions

My buddy rattled in a nice blacktail a few years ago during the last weekend of the season. He had rattled a few times and had one run in looking for all the commotion. He missed. 😬

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried rattling or grunt calling or laying scents in d3-5 In California? I don’t think we are going to get any weather this year. So I’m curious to see if any pre rut happens.

CFerreira

FNG
Has anyone tried rattling or grunt calling or laying scents in d3-5 In California? I don’t think we are going to get any weather this year. So I’m curious to see if any pre rut happens.
I'm heading up to D5 Friday through Sunday coming up. Have never rattled before but Will give it a shot when I go up. I wanted to try some rattling this weekend because it's the last weekend of.the season and figured if rattling would ever work in D5, it would be this weekend. I hunt a little above Placerville. I'll let you know how the rattling goes and if the weekend was fruitful. Good luck to you if you're heading out this last weekend.

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
How did it go? I was actually out of state in Idaho for elk season. So I didn’t hunt D3-5 for closing weekend.