California proposed regulation changes

gdiemer

WKR
Great turnout today on the CDFW zoom meeting. Lots of folks voicing their hope for rejection for bill based around black bear hunting. Everyone had good points and great professionalism from everyone who spoke

Rob5589

WKR
Great turnout today on the CDFW zoom meeting. Lots of folks voicing their hope for rejection for bill based around black bear hunting. Everyone had good points and great professionalism from everyone who spoke
Agree, huge turnout (for a commission meeting) and the majority was opposed.

Dunndm

WKR
Has anything passed or changed yet…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ehayes

FNG

ehayes

FNG
Jan 11th and 12th is the next CA meeting. Once again, the Hunting Ain’t Easy podcast brought this to my attention. The hunter support is helping at these meetings. The last meeting involving HSUS went very well in support of Bear Hunting. Very well meaning as good as could be expected in CA. The commission was well aware of the bear populations being 30k or higher and seem to have unanimous support for bear hunting. 2nd tag, maybe increased harvest number in the future both seem possible if the bear management plan gets proper funding and follow through. I’m cautiously optimistic and planning on marking my attendance at the meeting.

2nd bear tag opportunity

- the sale of returned premium deer tags

- more elk tags and seasons

- Bear season to start with the July A-Zone archery season

- and much more!

Honestly, I felt like a genius when I figured out about the 'grandma rule' all on my own. I've been building points for my dad just for deer in California in an effort to make him carry me on a hunt one time. In 2021 I burned my own points in a group (legit, no grandma point splitting). Due to a fire in their town, they all turned their tags in. A month later, I turned my tag in to get my points back due to a fire in our hunt area. -- Meaning, there are legitimate cases where turning tags in as part of a group is a good thing (think a health issue with one party member).

After I turned my tag in my immediate reaction was OH MY, I can start burning my dad's points now for lesser units and it'll just get better every year. He just wants to bird hunt anyway. I haven't used the trick yet because I actually still have my points from the 2021 debacle but looks like I'm probably shit out of luck on my master plan to use his and need to just keep building them for one good hunt he MIGHT go with me on.

To combat assholes like me, I think there should be a one-time point protection if applied in a group but don't shut it down completely for individuals of a party. Then if there is some asshole like me, at least I only cut twice, not forever.