California turkey hunters, I need your help

Hi everyone,

I'm a researcher doing a study on Northern California hunting--specifically, hunter preferences for how restored areas that are turned into wildlife areas should be managed for hunting.

If you hunted gamebirds on the Sacramento or Feather River in 2019-20, or Oroville or Gray Lodge or Upper Butte Basin WA, you may have run into my survey crew a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately, because of COVID lockdowns we completely missed the spring 2020 turkey season and I am really short on input from turkey hunters.

I'm now moving ahead with an online survey. It takes about 15 minutes to do and there's 20 bucks in it for you if you provide your name and address. All data are kept confidential and won't be used for any other purpose. We also have a version where you skip the $20 and don't give any personal info out.

If you'd like to have your views represented, check out the links below. We'll be sharing our results with with CDFW and USFWS so that this info gets to the decision-makers.

FYI you must be 18 or over and have hunted actively on *public lands* in northern California at least once in the last 2 years.

Thanks for considering it. I'm happy to answer questions downthread if anyone wants to ask.

if you're up for the $20
bit.ly/HunterResearch20

if you don't care about the $20 but you want to stay anonymous
bit.ly/HunterResearch

Last edited:
OP
HuntResearcher
I'll take you if you hunted pheasant or dove, too! But I especially need turkey hunters. Thanks.

OP
HuntResearcher
Thanks for all the responses to the survey--it's great to see them come rolling in!

We'll leave the links up for a few more weeks to make sure we get everyone who wants to give input. Here they are again:

if you're up for the $20
bit.ly/HunterResearch20

bit.ly/HunterResearch

OP
HuntResearcher
Hi everyone,

I'm a researcher doing a study on Northern California hunting--specifically, hunter preferences for how restored areas that are turned into wildlife areas should be managed for hunting.

If you hunted gamebirds on the Sacramento or Feather River in 2019-20, or Oroville or Gray Lodge or Upper Butte Basin WA, you may have run into my survey crew a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately, because of COVID lockdowns we completely missed the spring 2020 turkey season and I am really short on input from turkey hunters.

I'm now moving ahead with an online survey. It takes about 15 minutes to do and there's 20 bucks in it for you if you provide your name and address. All data are kept confidential and won't be used for any other purpose. We also have a version where you skip the $20 and don't give any personal info out.

If you'd like to have your views represented, check out the links below. We'll be sharing our results with with CDFW and USFWS so that this info gets to the decision-makers.

FYI you must be 18 or over and have hunted actively on *public lands* in northern California at least once in the last 2 years.

Thanks for considering it. I'm happy to answer questions downthread if anyone wants to ask.

if you're up for the $20
bit.ly/HunterResearch20

bit.ly/HunterResearch
Hi everyone, we are going to keep the survey open for a couple more weeks, and then we'll end our data collection.

If you haven't had a chance to take the survey yet, now's the time!

I'd also appreciate you forwarding the links to anyone you know who might be eligible (18+, hunted public land in N. Calif in last 2 years).

Thank you!

OP
HuntResearcher
Hi all, the survey is closing down at the end of the week. The fiscal year is ending and we need to get going on the data analysis. If you plan to collect the incentive, do the survey by tomorrow to be sure of payment. Thanks!

Well dang, guess I missed my $20.

that deer hunting situation in the Oroville wildlife area is crazy… I’d have like to have commented