California X12 Bears

RDUB

FNG
Went out this past weekend in California X12 zone. Saw a lot of older sign but nothing fresh, we were in that 7000-8500 range. We didn't see any berries in the area we were in, we bumped a couple does and fawns though. That made me think that there were no bears down in that area. Curious of anybody has been out in this zone this year or last and could give a fellow CA Bear Hunter some tips and help on what they are keying on. Saw another Gentlemans post, and it seems he had the same fate as me. Shoot me a PM it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
I almost think they're up higher still? We'll see what other people say
Good luck🤝

I had the A20 deer hunt there this year. Put in a lot of time in the area and came across 2 bears in the 7000ft range.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but how was A20? I hunt D6 and have thought about getting an A20 tag and hopping over to the eastern slope.
It was a big change from what I'm used to in d6 but ended up loving it after learning how to hunt it a little better. Ended up getting a buck on day 11 of hunting. Saw at least 25 bucks on the hunt.

CaliWoodsman

Lil-Rokslider
It was a big change from what I'm used to in d6 but ended up loving it after learning how to hunt it a little better. Ended up getting a buck on day 11 of hunting. Saw at least 25 bucks on the hunt.
Nice! If I draw it down the road I'll have to pick your brain. Used all my points on G37 this year so might have to wait a while.

Nice! If I draw it down the road I'll have to pick your brain. Used all my points on G37 this year so might have to wait a while.
Sounds good man! Ya might be a while. Took me 6 points...Hope you get some good weather for that g37 hunt this year and are able to get a big one!

neilv

FNG
A little late but i hunted in october in D6 - this time of year you find the acorns you find the bears

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildmeadows