Californians to boycott MT re: wolf hunting

amassi

WKR
Pretty good mental gymnastics. Any body bother to read the article? They quote one lady from CA who owns property in MT because she enjoys the wildlife. The lady they quote who plans to boycott/cancel her vacation plans is from.. wait for it… Colorado. Not sure how that equals a CA boycott.
Noone read it

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
bsnedeker

bsnedeker

WKR
Pretty good mental gymnastics. Any body bother to read the article? They quote one lady from CA who owns property in MT because she enjoys the wildlife. The lady they quote who plans to boycott/cancel her vacation plans is from.. wait for it… Colorado. Not sure how that equals a CA boycott.
It's funny you think people from Colorado aren't the same as Californians!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
bsnedeker

bsnedeker

WKR
Sorry Fukers this CA res not boycotting any State Ill see all y’all soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You don't count as a Californian in my opinion, you're welcome anytime!

Former California turds now Colorado transplants living along I-25/I-70 corridors are toxic garbage. They come here and shop REI, whole foods, and lease subarus with paw and native stickers and think they are outdoor mountain folk (oppose hunting/fishing and jam up highways traveling to see nature and ski slopes)

amassi

WKR
Big brain move- if all you moved to California we could flip this state and it's massive representation. Devalue the real estate in the east and crush the liberal scourge once and for all Wolverines!!!

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
I'm the odd man out here, as much as I love the idea of zero wolves and tons of deer and elk I like the idea of knowing that they are out there more and don't want them gone in the lower 48. That said times have changed, habitats have changed, prey numbers have changed. we can't just have wolves or any other large predators running around on all of their native range their just aren't enough resources anymore. I wish ALL of these decisions were made by the biologists in the field. It shouldn't be a state wide plan different areas can support different amounts of wildlife. But most of all more then anything the general public really shouldn't get a say. Why do people who have never and will never step foot in an area that has wolves get a say with zero knowledge or education on the subject. This goes for both sides, as a hunter I trust the north american model of game management to work correctly if we continue to follow it

CorbLand

WKR
Big brain move- if all you moved to California we could flip this state and it's massive representation. Devalue the real estate in the east and crush the liberal scourge once and for all Wolverines!!!

Nah. Thanks for the offer though.

Rob5589

WKR
I get the hate for CA but come on, one wealthy broad with multiple vacation homes in MT complains and that means Californians are boycotting the state? Pretty pitiful that only 4 MT residents spoke in favor. Think about that next time when you're looking to place blame.

CoStick

WKR
It's funny you think people from Colorado aren't the same as Californians!

People are people, clearly some stereotype more than others, but at the end of the day people are mostly the same they just obsess over the small details to feel unique…

CoHiCntry

WKR
You guys need to lighten up... have a great holiday if you aren't too offended too enjoy it!

All in good fun! I’ll admit it must be tough being from California or Texas on a western hunting forum. 😬

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Love your headline, and think they quoted one ridiculous person in both California and Colorado……unfortunately I have news for you, there are total idiots in every state, although I do realize California has more given its population.

EastMT

WKR
a46ad8a063da48e9dd7184f9f4d5f8b2.jpg

I joke,I joke. Have a lot of great friends from the 80’s and 90’s that were early N Cali transplants. I can’t blame them

Mike7

WKR
No, no, no, people are not just people, all the same everywhere. Ick!

We are the product of our environment and genetics. Our genetics may all be almost identical statistically, while our environments certainly are not.

For instance, I was born in California. I am not proud of it, but there it is. I clearly at birth must of had the potential to become devil spawn. Luckily, I became privileged...because even though we were very poor, my parents one year made a bit of money, and were able to move to rural Oregon 4 1/2 decades ago, pre-Californian invasion.

My next stroke of luck or privilege, was having the opportunity to work in Montana during the summers in college...again pre-Californian invasion. There was zero political correctness at that time. Montana "liberals" at that time, were just people who chose to grow their own marijuana and maybe also not to hunt or eat meat, but didn't force their views on anyone else. They might complain about the govt selling public land to make a ski resort, but never for instance would they say a word about a rancher shooting a predator of any kind on their property regardless of the season.

People in Montana would just rent a band for a birthday party to play in their yard right down in the middle of town...and no one seemed to complain, or at least the police didn't dare mess with the party until after 10 PM. Just good semi-safe freedom, craziness, & fun.

Today, I interview Californians moving to Idaho almost every week. About 75% offer up to me without prompting that they are not like other Californians and want to be real Idahoans and not screw it up like from where they came.

Now, while admittedly this is admirable for this maybe semi-enlightened 75% of Californians moving here, when I usually give no approving response to this, they then question me.

So, I tell them that in my experience, they may be holding some California indoctrination without consciously knowing it. They then in defiance asked to be quizzed, no demand to be quizzed.

So, reluctantly I start with simple multiple choice questions like, "If your Idaho neighbor who lives next door to you in your no HOA mini-ranchette neighborhood, painted his or her house all purple, would you:
A) Go make a formal complaint to the county to get him to repaint his house B) start a campaign of harassment and intimidation against him C) try to get your neighbors to form an organization so that you could control him D) talk to your neighbor and tell him that purple wouldn't be your first choice, but that if he ever wants to change it, you will help buy a different color paint and help him repaint it, or E) You could care less what color his house is, because if you ever decide to paint your house purple, no one is going to tell you what color your house has to be on your own fookin property.

Typically after a few questions and prior to tallying up any scores, most start to get it, and see that to truly have freedom, there must first be tolerance and personal responsibility.

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased my house for south of $200k in 2003 in NW MT...same house now is north of $650k. Thank California for that. If you work here, most likely you can't afford a house and lucky if you can afford rent. Prior to 2010 I could easily pick up 350 sheds a year and still work full time...now if you find 50 sheds a year it's a good year. Thank wolves for that. Californians aren't going to stop moving to Montana and they want to bring all their kids, grandkids, cousins, mothers uncle and half of Mexico. Just like wolves have changed the face of big game in NW Mt, so have transplants from California. They can say they don't want to change the state, but from what I've see...that's not true. Back to wolves...if grey wolves were extinct...How did the federal government reintroduce them??