Calling all Northern California deer hunters--need input

OP
HuntResearcher
Been meaning to respond on this thread, i was wondering are you conducting this study through a University, or through a state agency, or other?
A little of both. I'm a university professor (@ Santa Clara Univ) and the funding for the project comes from a state agency, the Delta Stewardship Council.

If you go to either of those links I posted, it first sends you to my website, which has a page devoted to describing the survey, and the "Research" tab at my site will tell you more about bigger umbrella project that it falls under.

Thanks for your interest!

Marble

WKR

Thought this was an interesting read. It talks about the long term decline of the deer population in California. Several factors involved.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
You'd probably have a lot of luck on some of the California deer hunting Facebook pages. They are pretty active this time of year

OP
HuntResearcher
You'd probably have a lot of luck on some of the California deer hunting Facebook pages. They are pretty active this time of year
I don't have a facebook account, but a couple of hunters said they would post there for me. Not sure if that ever happened or not...? I also posted on reddit r/Californiahunting, but that doesn't seem as active.
I did as well. I thought it was a better designed survey than most.
Thanks! We talked to more than 1,000 hunters in person before we wrote any of the questions.

OP
HuntResearcher
Last chance for this survey and the $20, folks. We need to close down the budget for the fiscal year end and get going on the data analysis. If you plan to collect the incentive, do the survey by tomorrow to be sure of payment. Thanks!

Beendare

WKR
Virginia,

I completed the survey - put my $20 towards habitat.

How do you view hunting as it affects our environment; positive, negative?

-