Calling elk. Best instructor.

Hawker

Lil-Rokslider
So I've been driving deep into the art of calling elk and practicing until my tongue is raw every day. I was wondering who is your favorite caller and who has the best how to information? I was lucky enough to spend a weekend with Joel Turner and became very motivated to learn how to sound like an elk and not a guy trying call elk. Any advice would be great.

Randle

WKR
Check with Paul at Elknut. He is great to work with and has a great selection of material and DVDs
here is also here on Rokslide
The info Paul covers will blow you mind as you start to understand elk and their vocalizations.

I saw Dieter Kaboth in Albuquerque a few years ago and he was great at "explaining" calling fundamentals. Ie; reed placement, tongue pressure, air pressure, certain syllables (show) (neah) that he uses when blowing on a diaphragm that are easy for beginners to emulate. He taught a lot of techniques that none of the top selling DVDs even talk about remotely. Not sure if he has a video though. If you get a chance to see Dieter I highly recommend it.

Huntfun

FNG
I'll second Paul at Elknuts...I used his DVDs to pull it all together and learn the various vocalizations ELk make. I go over them prior to heading to CO for my annual Elk bow hunting trip. He has spent a lot of time on the phone with me too...super friendly. He has as great bugle tubes too. Highly recommend his DVD set and bugle tube.

jmez

WKR
Another vote for Elknut and I would also recommend Chris Roe at Roe hunting resources. Between the two of them an elk can't make a sound you won't understand.