Calling predators

I usually give a set a few hours and if nothing seems to be going on I'll move. If I work one early in the morning sometimes I'll come back in the evening and work it again. Some people may have a more exact method. I really don't so I have to go off what I know. I'm not familiar with VT terrain or laws. You say you don't have rabbits but that's ok. There are other prey species I'm sure. Chipmunks or something maybe. Calling in an owl means you're on the right track. Can you use bird wings or anything where you're at as a decoy for visual stimuli? Sometimes just a turkey feather hanging from a string on a bush is enough to keep you from getting busted.
How often do you have critters come in after an hour? Do you call continously for the few hours?

How often do you have critters come in after an hour? Do you call continously for the few hours?
I've had coyotes come on the first call and had them come in after two+ hours. All depends where I'm hunting. On private ranch land in western KS it usually doesn't take long if there's something around. If I'm on public land in South Dakota it's usually slower and the calling is harder. Frequency of calling varies. I really don't have a set way of doing it, just feel it out. If you make me put a time frame on it I guess I'll say generally when I get to a stand I settle in for 20ish minutes before I start calling. Call hard for 3-5 minutes, get quiet, and then do it again. Repeat every 15-20 minutes for prey distress calls. If I'm using a coyote howl I'll hit it more often to see if I can get a pack riled up. Some people will mix up howls and distress calls. I really don't. I keep it simple. I'm not an expert either though. I'm sure there are other dudes out there who are alot more technical and probably kill more critters than me.

Sogan

FNG
I start looking to move stands anywhere from 30 mins - 1 hour. Don’t usually sit much longer than that unless I see one that’s held up and I’m trying to get them to come in.