Calling Turdologists, Mysterious Colorado turd at 10.9k

Pow

FNG
Anyone know what made this turd? There were 3 of them around the same area about the same size and I saw one higher up. I saw some elk and yote tracks today, but not near this turd.

20170525_101146.jpg

This area has a lot of black bears too, deer in the summer, lynx, lions. Once in a while, goats and big horn get around there, but not often.

Looks like some of the Wood Rat (PackRat) and Marmot scat I have seen before. Seems like a lot and both of those animals tend to have smaller piles.
I am interested in how others weigh in.

actually thinking about it for a couple minutes it is probably from a ptarmigan. you were about at tree line...and looks like open snow area...yeah probably ptarmigan

oldgoat

WKR
No tracks around? My guesses would be the ones already aired or maybe ptarmigan depending on location

Okay, I am a certified expert in this area, so much so that I am internationally recognized. I possess and extensive curriculum vitae, and resume. I instantly recognized the species and conditions in which these turds occurred. However, as a professional, I do not work for free; I also know that some will refer to me as a Richard for the latter.

MIKEYB

WKR
Looks like some of that beef jerky that comes in a pouch? Not sure just a guess. . . I don't eat that stuff.

Don K

Lil-Rokslider
Bubblehide,

You sure? Or did you just stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

Mike7

WKR
Yeah, blue grouse droppings look just like that. Usually with blue grouse I think, if you look around, you will find several other piles within 25 feet where a covey of several birds just sat there for a while during the winter. I didn't realize that Colorado had a variety of ptarmigan; very interesting.

OP
Pow

Pow

FNG
Huh, there are a lot of grouse around there. There are ptarmigan too, but I haven't seen any down that low.

ben h

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen my fair share of craps, but I'm not an expert on them. One thing for sure is that is not a "whiskey shooter"; they're more of a spray and sometimes they come on really hot, and seconds matter, so be ready.

Grumman

WKR
Whatever it was looks like it has a meat grinder extruder for an a**hole. That could almost pass for ground burger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just going to say the same. I have seen it here too.....and we gots no ptarmigans. I have seen it in a shade of yellow as well.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
dat d'ere is a tarmugan pile.

dem dum burds fly in, poopoo on da grownd, den fly off...nun tracks left 'round d'ere, just dried doodoo. but dem pelluts make gooood tinder for hot far on cold dayz.

aaro9991

FNG
actually thinking about it for a couple minutes it is probably from a ptarmigan. you were about at tree line...and looks like open snow area...yeah probably ptarmigan

X2 on the ptarmigan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk